sharetrader
Page 577 of 697 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    So why did Labour pull it from view to edit then?

The points you make about the daily propaganda briefings ironically reinforce the scandalous politicisation by the Ardern government. They/we have become so used to it the lines have been blurred.
    So why did Labour edit it? I would say for the same reason that conspiracy theories work, sow a seed of doubt or an idea and some people accept it as the truth.
    I think you and David Seymour are getting a bit hysterical and over-reacting when you describe the situation as scandalous. There are political scandals and this is not one of them.
    One of the scandalous pictures is still on David Seymour’s Facebook page. How come he can display it and not the Labour Party? Free speech for him and not for Jacinda? Or on his Facebook page it reinforces a negative view of the Prime Minister, so that is okay? Same picture, different meaning in a different context.
    https://www.facebook.com/davidseymourACT/

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The sheep are oblivious to their fate.
    You are so predictable Balance, yet another post bleating on about sheep I think you suffer from perseveration.

So you clearly think the majority of NZers are clueless, unable to think for themselves and willing to blindly follow others into oblivion? In thinking that you reek of arrogance and you do the majority of NZers an injustice.

Just because someone holds a different opinion to you doesnt make them dum or stupid or blind to what is going on. We are all entitled to our opinions and some of us actually respect people for having a different opinion. Its called tolerance. Calling people sheep because they hold an opinion thats different to yours is a form of intolerance.

oh and apparently sheep are quite intelligent so maybe its not such an insult after all

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Bob Jones talking about identity politics in the article. He said “Muldoon was very popular but he never struck the same connect with the other sex, which I suspect is also true of Jacinda.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Bob Jones talking about identity politics in the article. He said “Muldoon was very popular but he never struck the same connect with the other sex, which I suspect is also true of Jacinda.”
    Ardern may well be more popular with Women, however Bob Jones is drawing a tenuous connection to link that to the scale of Muldoon's disconnect.

If there is a disconnect on the part of Ardern, it was schism with Muldoon. Muldoon was toxic and aggressive. I would have said Muldoon's "disconnect" extended to misogyny as well as homophobia, as contemporary National MP Marilyn Waring and Labour MP Colin Moyle would no doubt attest. More bigotry was generally found throughout NZ society.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I suspect HEAPS of people out there have never heard of Bryce Edwards. I also suspect HEAPS of people out there never read that sort of stuff, nor will they, ever.

I suspect whats more important to people is what they see with their very own eyes and what they hear with their very own ears. It appears from the polls a large majority of people like what they see and like what they hear

The drums are silent.
    So if enough people are ignorant of the facts Cindy is OK....you'll turn a blind eye to her continually misleading the NZ public she is in office to serve.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    So why did Labour edit it? I would say for the same reason that conspiracy theories work, sow a seed of doubt or an idea and some people accept it as the truth.
    I think you and David Seymour are getting a bit hysterical and over-reacting when you describe the situation as scandalous. There are political scandals and this is not one of them.
    One of the scandalous pictures is still on David Seymour’s Facebook page. How come he can display it and not the Labour Party? Free speech for him and not for Jacinda? Or on his Facebook page it reinforces a negative view of the Prime Minister, so that is okay? Same picture, different meaning in a different context.
    https://www.facebook.com/davidseymourACT/
    Seymour's use of the image is exposition. Labour's is propaganda. I'm no fan of David Seymour, but he has been effective in Opposition.

Seymour's use of the image is exposition. Labour's is propaganda. I'm no fan of David Seymour, but he has been effective in Opposition.
    Certainly more effective than National has been and still is.

He reminds me of Mr Bean, but is not as funny.

westerly

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12358629

Really? The infected family has saved lives?

Spin and more spin - anything to get votes.

Wonder if she is going to sort out the Ihumatao stand-off anytime soon?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    ..... Wonder if she is going to sort out the Ihumatao stand-off anytime soon?
    Well I wonder if the Prime Minister regrets interfering. Although it is not top of most people's mind these days, I predict when a resolution is announced there will be quite a serious reaction slowly building. Especially when the amount of taxpayer dosh to Fletchers is revealed, dosh to not build housing, under wraps until after the election. Though with the election date extended now, the decision could be announced as apparently it has been made (maybe).

A running sore in the making. If returned there will be many eyes watching to see how it is developed, given there is not going to be much cash to achieve the ambitious plans talked about.