sharetrader
Page 586 of 697 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I watched that reply and was absolutely flabbergasted
    Incompetent little boy playing the big man caught out - that’s Hipkins. Yet another incompetent Cindy pick.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I think under the Human Rights Act you can refuse a medical procedure. So they cannot force you to have a swab.

I see it is the NZ Bill of Rights Act as some poster has pointed out.
    The biggest failure I see with the whole Government isolation strategy, based on my recent experience with it, is NOT having a one page contract for all travelers to sign BEFORE boarding a flight to NZ. That contract should stipulate exactly where one is going and what is expected of you on and after arrival. It should also clearly state that any breaches will be met with a 30 days prison term and full cost recovery of the isolation and/or quarantine costs. Instead, my experience was that there was no mention of any isolation requirements until after take off towards NZ and of course that leaves the system open for abuse by the halfwits that don't want to follow rules.
    Simple, sign the contract (and have it enforced), or stay where you are.
    Last edited by iceman; 27-08-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Incompetent little boy playing the big man caught out - that’s Hipkins. Yet another incompetent Cindy pick.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...on-2020-public

Give it a rest balance . Just like the dog down the road who can,t stop yapping.

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...on-2020-public

Give it a rest balance . Just like the dog down the road who can,t stop yapping.

westerly
    You mean the same Horizon Research that offer people prizes and incentives to participate in their polls?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The biggest failure I see with the whole Government isolation strategy, based on my recent experience with it, is NOT having a one page contract for all travelers to sign BEFORE boarding a flight to NZ. That contract should stipulate exactly where one is going and what is expected of you on and after arrival. It should also clearly state that any breaches will be met with a 30 days prison term and full cost recovery of the isolation and/or quarantine costs. Instead, my experience was that there was no mention of any isolation requirements until after take off towards NZ and of course that leaves the system open for abuse by the halfwits that don't want to follow rules.
    Simple, sign the contract (and have it enforced), or stay where you are.
    Agreed iceman....a contract would give early warning of someone refusing a test. The contract, in the interest of preserving Human Rights, could have 2 options. Have the tests on day 3 & 12 and the 14 day quarantine cost is a daily charge for food. Refuse the test and the quarantine is 28 days at the traveler's cost.

Simple....but no one in Ardern's administration seems to have the ability to actually develop workable policy and then implement it. This is evident across a wide range of Ardern failures.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Agreed iceman....a contract would give early warning of someone refusing a test. The contract, in the interest of preserving Human Rights, could have 2 options. Have the tests on day 3 & 12 and the 14 day quarantine cost is a daily charge for food. Refuse the test and the quarantine is 28 days at the traveler's cost.

Simple....but no one in Ardern's administration seems to have the ability to actually develop workable policy and then implement it. This is evident across a wide range of Ardern failures.
    Totally agree Jonu, that gives both parties the ability to hold onto their rights and values. If you want to withhold and refuse the test, you may, but at an additional cost. And the govt is secure that the 28 days will be plenty to ensure no symptoms or covid. That would have been simple to implement but unfortunately this government is still running the show like its primary school. I suppose that is why Jacinda likes to visit these places and get some inspiration.

Banned

This is shocking!

This government campaigned on fixing the housing crisis, I don't think they could have done any worse, and that was before I read this.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...bitable-houses

Landlords took their properties out of the rental pool to rent to the MSD at $3k per week to house the homeless. When they ran out of properties they 'borrowed' other peoples without their knowledge, little matters like ownership doesn't matter to this government when they are spending your money.
    I would bet my house we will find many more issues like this arising in the future.

This government is the worst we have ever had and needs to go.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    This is shocking!

This government campaigned on fixing the housing crisis, I don't think they could have done any worse, and that was before I read this.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...bitable-houses

Landlords took their properties out of the rental pool to rent to the MSD at $3k per week to house the homeless. When they ran out of properties they 'borrowed' other peoples without their knowledge, little matters like ownership doesn't matter to this government when they are spending your money.
    I would bet my house we will find many more issues like this arising in the future.

This government is the worst we have ever had and needs to go.
    That is such a waste. This government needs to make sure there is proper implementation and auditing of its policy decisions.

Unconscionable real estate agents and slum landlords are nothing new. So where was the proper management structure for these policies?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 27-08-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That is such a waste. This government needs to make sure there is proper implementation and auditing of its policy decisions.

Unconscionable real estate agents and slum landlords are nothing new. So where was the proper management structure for these policies?
    Think Kiwibuild and you have your answer.

All ideas and good intentions but incompetent at implementing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

The labour party doesn't have the depth in their line-up needed to run a country under normal circumstances let alone during a crisis, such as the Chinese one we find ourselves in.
    You've got two ministers overseeing the majority of the major portfolios and anything that's not related covid will be suffering.
    What else is getting missed? My bet is this is the tip of the iceberg.