sharetrader
Page 595 of 697 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645695 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Crushers dip stick husband made it an issue what a complete idiot, I mean really that’s something I would expect unbalanced or Jonu and the pale male stale brigade to post that crap. I suspect most people will see it what it is for a pathetic attempt to smeer the PM.

Why mr orivida would post anything this stupid is beyond me....
    One of the '4 legs good, 2 legs better' brigade makes an appearance but still no answer to jonu's perfectly reasonable questions.

Sheep are like that - happy as long as they are fed and led to you know where!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And Cindy & Labour are making out as if they have absolutely nothing to do with the $12m for a privileged, elitist & exclusive school for the wealthy when there are thousands of kids in the Taranaki studying in sub-standard classrooms.

SHAME!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12360510

Paywalled

Education Minister Chris Hipkins threw Shaw under the bus. "It's not a project I would have prioritized," he told reporters, all wide-eyed innocence and bemusement. "Ultimately that was something the Green Party advocated quite strongly for and so it was one of their wins out of the shovel-ready project area."

Ouch. I rather suspect this decision confirms what the Green faithful have known for some time – that James Shaw isn't green enough to be Green. He looks, sounds and acts like someone who could sit quite comfortably on Labour's front bench.

And this decision looks to privilege the education of wealthy international kids over the education of the kids in Patea.

Patea Area School is just an hour and forty down the road but might as well be on another planet. They're doing the best with what they have, but surely some of that $11m could have been used to improve the surroundings and learning environment of the 200 kids at the Decile 1 school.

Greens must be wondering how they get out of this mess. Especially since Cindy & Labour have conveniently throw them under the bus.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...en-school.html

Newshub can reveal the Green School which received nearly $12 million in Government funding hosted a 'sacred ceremony' run by a school parent who believes COVID-19 is a manufactured natural disaster.

Melchizedek described COVID-19 as a "manufactured natural disaster", a "UN 2030 vision" including "vaccinated nanochip technology" and "looming possibility of vaccination agendas" - all baseless claims circulated by conspiracy theorists.

The post was deleted after questions from Newshub.

The school wouldn't say if those views had been repeated to the students but told Newshub it doesn't advocate personal views as part of its curriculum.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    What are your thoughts on the past week for Ardern's government dobby41?

Are you comfortable with the spending on the Green school?

Has Ardern been telling fibs about the day 3 tests?

Why didn't she extend the wage subsidy for the extra lockdown period as earlier promised? (If it is too hard why did she promise it?)

What are your thoughts on the mysterious silence on Ihumatao?
    But boysy....what are your thoughts about this stuff? No gender innuendo. No victim creating. Just good honest politics. Please enlighten us as to how Ardern has enhanced her standing with regards to the issues mentioned above!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    And still no one from the Labour perspective prepared to front on these issues. Ardern has shafted you as well. I feel your pain.
    Ardern has not shafted me. I just find the discussion on this thread so negative and depressing that I don’t bother to read it very often let alone post. It is bad for my mental health to read such demoralizing comments. The discussion is not constructive. It is about showing how incompetent and useless the government is. And if I start to believe the government is useless then I will just feel discouraged and that does not do me or anyone else any good. I will become a burden, and people will avoid me because I am so negative. Negativity is contagious, and so I try to avoid getting infected.

Advanced Member

Crushers dip stick husband made it an issue what a complete idiot, I mean really that’s something I would expect unbalanced or Jonu and the pale male stale brigade to post that crap. I suspect most people will see it what it is for a pathetic attempt to smeer the PM.

Why mr orivida would post anything this stupid is beyond me....
    Much better for spouses to do what they're told, would you say? Can't have grown ups making their own decisions and having their own opinions now, can we.

Advanced Member

Yes perfectly reasonable questions from one who make a veiled comment comparing JA to Hitler - i know who i wouldn't listen to going forward - like the tagline of fox news 'fair and balanced' - I get the pale male brigade is on the wrong side of public opinion and not liking it at all - like Mike Hosking basically crying on TV when winnie went left - The NZ electorate are sick of the tired of the whinging from the right - im sure your complaining would cease should JA do a JK and simply smile and waive and forget what he had previously said - easy to not be held to account when you dont promise to do a thing afterall .... yeah right ......
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Morally bankrupt from The Greens and Labour after fighting hard against and then closing down all Charter Schools that were operating with some success in lower socio economic areas, largely attended by Maori.
    Former Green MP Catherine Delahunty says it's an incomprehensible change of policy !
    It is not a change of policy and Shaw was the only Green Party MP that knew about it and agreed to it.
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...i-green-school
    So did Shaw even consult with his own caucus before making such a controversial decision?
    "Well it was under Budget secrecy, so whilst something is under Budget secrecy ministers can't talk beyond other ministers about that."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Ardern has not shafted me. I just find the discussion on this thread so negative and depressing that I don’t bother to read it very often let alone post. It is bad for my mental health to read such demoralizing comments. The discussion is not constructive. It is about showing how incompetent and useless the government is. And if I start to believe the government is useless then I will just feel discouraged and that does not do me or anyone else any good. I will become a burden, and people will avoid me because I am so negative. Negativity is contagious, and so I try to avoid getting infected.
    Well moka....all I can say is that turning a blind eye to the government's failings is a negative thing to do. Much better to confront wrongdoings and learn from them. Sweeping them under the carpet does nobody any good. It's getting to be an awfully lumpy carpet.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Much better for spouses to do what they're told, would you say? Can't have grown ups making their own decisions and having their own opinions now, can we.
    I would think a manner of decorum would exist here in NZ when it came to politics and spouses , it would appear as though this is no longer the case. I think you will find outside of right leaning 40+ males the idea of the leader of the oppositions partner liking demeaning memes of the PM is not on ....

Why Mr Orivida would start throwing stones is beyond me the guy has enough baggage to sink a ship, perhaps he should go back to china on the taxpayer again or dig up some more swamp kauri to sell to the Chinese ..... Own goal if i have ever seen one - perhaps he will be NZ equivalent of DT cant keep his tweets or memes to himself .....
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Guru

Yes perfectly reasonable questions from one who make a veiled comment comparing JA to Hitler - i know who i wouldn't listen to going forward - like the tagline of fox news 'fair and balanced' - I get the pale male brigade is on the wrong side of public opinion and not liking it at all - like Mike Hosking basically crying on TV when winnie went left - The NZ electorate are sick of the tired of the whinging from the right - im sure your complaining would cease should JA do a JK and simply smile and waive and forget what he had previously said - easy to not be held to account when you dont promise to do a thing afterall .... yeah right ......
    Are you replying to me boysy? If so, where have I made "veiled comparisons to Hitler"?

And how about addressing the issues I raised? The Green School, Day 3 testing, Wage subsidy extension, Ihumatao.

The issues boysy, the issues! No gender moaning, no victim creation....the issues!