sharetrader
Page 596 of 697 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606646696 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 6963
    Advanced Member

No Jonu it was not directed at you that was directed at troll #1

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Well moka....all I can say is that turning a blind eye to the government's failings is a negative thing to do. Much better to confront wrongdoings and learn from them. Sweeping them under the carpet does nobody any good. It's getting to be an awfully lumpy carpet.
    I am not turning a blind eye to the failings. I read the news but the mistakes are not all I focus on. I see it as the 80/20 rule, about 80% of what the government does is good and some is bad and we all make mistakes. Mistakes are lessons and I see the government learning from them. James Shaw apologised, Hipkins and Ardern have apologised. I am sure they are very aware of their failings with all the media attention. The failings are not under the carpet, they are out in the open. So let’s move on, and let them focus on making better decisions.

Tee hee...Crusher's husband has a sense of humour.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12361020

And what do the precious flowers of Labour try to do? Paint it as misogynist. Get a grip...they're funny. Nothing to do with her gender.
    Very embarrassing for the Leader of the Opposition to have a husband who shows he has a lack of awareness of what is appropriate behaviour for the spouse of a political leader. It does reflect badly on her.
    National Party's Meme Working Group. 20K likes. We are not the National Party nor associated with them. Yeah right! Judith Collins liked the page, her husband posts.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I am not turning a blind eye to the failings. I read the news but the mistakes are not all I focus on. I see it as the 80/20 rule, about 80% of what the government does is good and some is bad and we all make mistakes. Mistakes are lessons and I see the government learning from them. James Shaw apologised, Hipkins and Ardern have apologised. I am sure they are very aware of their failings with all the media attention. The failings are not under the carpet, they are out in the open. So let’s move on, and let them focus on making better decisions.
    Well I would agree with you....except....except, there's not only mistakes on display here, there's deception. From the PM who looked us in the eye and promised honest and transparency. Instead we have a daily propaganda session that is equal parts fearmongering, politicisation of covid-19 and misinformation....some of it deliberate!

And beyond all that....Ihumatao.

Guru

Very embarrassing for the Leader of the Opposition to have a husband who shows he has a lack of awareness of what is appropriate behaviour for the spouse of a political leader. It does reflect badly on her.
    National Party's Meme Working Group. 20K likes. We are not the National Party nor associated with them. Yeah right! Judith Collins liked the page, her husband posts.
    She probably would prefer it if he shut up. I'm sure most spouses could empathise. However Crusher is no shrinking violet and neither would you expect her husband to be. A sense of humour and a thick skin go along way in politics....just ask Winnie.

Dilettante

It is not a change of policy and Shaw was the only Green Party MP that knew about it and agreed to it.
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...i-green-school
    So did Shaw even consult with his own caucus before making such a controversial decision?
    "Well it was under Budget secrecy, so whilst something is under Budget secrecy ministers can't talk beyond other ministers about that."
    OMG Moka. So the Leader of the party does it, against party policy and you say it isn't a change of policy. Sad

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    OMG Moka. So the Leader of the party does it, against party policy and you say it isn't a change of policy. Sad
    It’s a gaff pure and simple, but with major implications for the party, the green twit was desperate to score some points and fecks up announcing millions to a school the greens abhor, then tries to retract and the COL throw him under the bus. Nothing to do with policy imo, just a dumb ass gaff likely to seal the gate on the greens next two decades of insignificance on the sidelines. Shaw will rue the day that he put the final nail in the coffin of the party, taking them out of government and back into insignificance.

Well I would agree with you....except....except, there's not only mistakes on display here, there's deception. From the PM who looked us in the eye and promised honest and transparency. Instead we have a daily propaganda session that is equal parts fearmongering, politicisation of covid-19 and misinformation....some of it deliberate!

And beyond all that....Ihumatao.
    I don’t see the daily press conferences as propaganda. If you are very badly injured and the paramedic says “everything is going to be all right” I don’t call that deception. They are trying to instill confidence and hope. And that is the role of the PM. She is addressing a diverse audience and when some of you find what she is saying patronising many other people find it very reassuring and like what they are hearing. Unfortunately due the timing of the election the covid crisis has been politicised by the media, the Opposition and others, and that is not in the best interests of New Zealand because scoring political points becomes more important than working together to fight the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The Green Party's policy has not changed.
    Shaw made a decision that was not according to party policy but he cannot unilaterally change policy.
    It seems to me that he would not have made the decision if someone had reminded him of the party policy at the time. He made the decision as Associate Finance Minister and he made mistake which he has acknowledged. I imagine he was under a lot of pressure with lots of criteria to think about and the fact it was a charter school didn't ring a warning bell. People make mistakes and I believe it was a mistake.

Advanced Member

Green School embraces 'curriculum enhancement'. It's not a good look for Mr Shaw, even if he doesn't personally go along with the unusual ideas. (Maybe he does.) Makes one wonder what else goes on at the school, and whether it is good value for big taxpayer funding.

"Newshub can reveal the Green School which received nearly $12 million in Government funding hosted a ‘sacred ceremony’ run by a school parent who believes COVID-19 is a manufactured natural disaster."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...en-school.html