sharetrader
Page 599 of 697 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    A bit late with my comment but really? Does a party leader need "someone to remind him" what the party's policy is on a major issue? I think not.
    So much for James Shaw apology - they were hell-bent on going ahead with the grant!

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...k-of-approvals

The Treasury advice to Shaw and the others ministers who signed off on hundreds of projects for infrastructure investment says the Green School does not have "full private school registration" and would be unlikely to get that until mid 2021.

"We believe it would be inappropriate to announce or provide government funding for a project that does not yet have the necessary education approvals," the advice says.

Furthermore, it says even if it had the "necessary" approvals, "we do not recommend funding for this school".

Treasury also objected to the project being overseen by the Provincial Development Unit saying it was not the "appropriate agency for this school".

"If this option is progressed, MOE [Ministry of Education] should be the responsible agency as it is the steward of the Education Act, and has the experience required to ensure the school gets the right network provision in place, and education system oversight going forward."
    Last edited by Balance; 01-09-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Don't forget that, as is the same with the US, Australia has a Federal system, so the response has differed from State to State. It is much easier to incorporate a coordinated response in NZ.
    Balance Junior - you actually make a fair point about the federal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You will be interested to know that journalists & reporters read this thread and this forum.

Need I say more.
    Often wondered why the media was lacking in journalists. If they have to resort to copying the comments on this particular thread, they hardly qualify as hacks.
    No wonder the print media is begging for money to support “journalism”

westerly

Advanced Member

Makes you wonder if unbalanced has a high opinion of himself - why would any journo care what is said on this forum the only less worthwhile place to look could be the young Nat and act Facebook pages and perhaps the whaleoil blog

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Makes you wonder if unbalanced has a high opinion of himself - why would any journo care what is said on this forum the only less worthwhile place to look could be the young Nat and act Facebook pages and perhaps the whaleoil blog
    I guess, it could be one way they can try to gauge the Vox Pop. There is a range of opinions from across the spectrum. Of course a NZ site aimed at those interested in owning shares can be unfortunately said to have a somewhat limited appeal
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-09-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Advanced Member

Labour support drops in August but still maintains huge lead of 19.5% over National

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8...0-202008310343

Must be another rouge poll no doubt .....

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Notice how the narrative from the Labourites on this thread is repetitively along the lines of ‘it’s a mistake? They have admitted it so let’s move on.’

How many mistakes can any country bear from a Government of incompetents?

NZ is being led down the path of no progress and ever increasing debt burden - for what?

Hugs and kindness?
    Mistakes are lessons. Mistakes are learning opportunities. If you never try anything you never learn. It is called progress. In fact if you are not sure what to do in a situation the best thing is to try something and see how it works out. That is how entrepreneurs do it.
    Instead of staying stuck in the mud, stuck in the past, you acknowledge the mistake and move on. I can see that learning and being open to change is not a concept you embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Mistakes are lessons. Mistakes are learning opportunities. If you never try anything you never learn. It is called progress. In fact if you are not sure what to do in a situation the best thing is to try something and see how it works out. That is how entrepreneurs do it.
    Instead of staying stuck in the mud, stuck in the past, you acknowledge the mistake and move on. I can see that learning and being open to change is not a concept you embrace.
    Mistakes are indeed lessons - but only if the lessons are learnt and future mistakes avoided.

So far there is zero evidence that Cindy & her team of incompetents learn anything from their growing list of mistakes. A country with 5m people is too important to be a training ground for amateurs who use spin to cover up their mistakes so they can continue to blunder.

Tell us what this government has learnt from KiwiBuild mistake and how are they rectifying the even bigger housing problem NZ has now?

Think carefully before you answer.

Dilettante

The most transparent Government ever !
    This copied from Nick Smith's FB page. Bloody outrageous:

I smell a rat in Govt refusing to release Justice reports on the financial impacts of cannibas regulation until after the referendum.
    BERL (Business and Economic Research Ltd) has produced 2 reports on the financial impacts of cannabis regulation and modelling for the Ministry of Justice. I do not know whether the reports are pro or anti legalisation.
    The bizarre response from the Govt to NBRs request for these reports under the Official Information Act says there are no substantive reason for the reports to be withheld, but then says they are being withheld as they will be released “soon”. The letter then says this will be after the referendum that is seven weeks away !
    The public paid for these reports and is entitled to them prior to voting. It reflects poorly on Justice and its Minister as they oversee the OIA and the referendum. It follows the “information” brochure on cannabis provided to all voters by the Justice Ministry being descibed by health academics as containing “unrealistic and inflated claims” in favour of legalisation.
    I have appealed to the Ombudsman with NBR for these reports to be released.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The most transparent Government ever !
    This copied from Nick Smith's FB page. Bloody outrageous:

I smell a rat in Govt refusing to release Justice reports on the financial impacts of cannibas regulation until after the referendum.
    BERL (Business and Economic Research Ltd) has produced 2 reports on the financial impacts of cannabis regulation and modelling for the Ministry of Justice. I do not know whether the reports are pro or anti legalisation.
    The bizarre response from the Govt to NBRs request for these reports under the Official Information Act says there are no substantive reason for the reports to be withheld, but then says they are being withheld as they will be released “soon”. The letter then says this will be after the referendum that is seven weeks away !
    The public paid for these reports and is entitled to them prior to voting. It reflects poorly on Justice and its Minister as they oversee the OIA and the referendum. It follows the “information” brochure on cannabis provided to all voters by the Justice Ministry being descibed by health academics as containing “unrealistic and inflated claims” in favour of legalisation.
    I have appealed to the Ombudsman with NBR for these reports to be released.
    I've said it before and this highlights it. Andrew Little is a very dangerous man.