sharetrader
Page 60 of 697 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160560 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Core LOgic has ripped the Government's "Housing Stocktake Report" apart for inaccuracies. Says they use the average building cost per sqm for 230 sq.mtrs (average size) houses which is around $ 2,000/sq.mtr.
    But the "affordable" houses, much smaller and often on more than one level, they claim cost more than $ 3,400/sq.mtr. to build
    Furthermore, the claim costs such as fees, land costs, admin costs, groundwork, Branz levies and development contributons are grossly udner estimated or absent. I suppose its easy to come up with an "affordable" number by leaving out most costs.
    Last edited by iceman; 07-03-2018 at 02:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Core LOgic has ripped the Government's "Housing Stocktake Report" apart for inaccuracies. Says they use the average building cost per sqm for 230 sq.mtrs (average size) houses which is around $ 2,000/sq.mtr.
    But the "affordable" houses, much smaller and often on more than one level, they claim cost more than $ 3,400/sq.mtr. to build
    Furthermore, the claim costs such as fees, land costs, admin costs, groundwork, Branz levies and development contributons are grossly udner estimated or absent. I suppose its easy to come up with an "affordable" number by leaving out most costs.
    I can't find that report, I guess it's for subscribers to CoreLogic. But the KiwiBuild programme is meant to be disruptive in the building methods area, as well as leveraging (in part) off crown land. There will be no need to make a big profit margin, as long as the housing capital is turned over. So maybe there is no need to work too hard on the costs yet, it's more putting the methods in place and organising or training up for the workforce needs.

Steven Joyce sticking hard to his story on TV this morning, but does admit that if he'd been given the shadow Finance job he'd still be there. National's caucus is collectively taking the opportunity to clear the decks.

Reading the Waikato Times paper today and considering the tyre fire in Amberley the other day, it looks like National's plan to get more established tyre shredders in NZ hasn't been actioned yet. But here's a case for govt to lead the investment to remove old tyres from the environment. Pity they can't leave the shredded rubber intact instead of burning it. It can be used to help make roading surfaces.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-ze...ling-plan.html
    Last edited by elZorro; 07-03-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Guru

Jacinda and Davis. Gutless and pathetic, do not even dare to come on Newstalk zb. Davis is an intellectual lightweight so I can understand his reluctance. Cindy is all sugar an spice (vogue and children) but no substance. Up your game Labour or you will be out next election.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Jacinda and Davis. Gutless and pathetic, do not even dare to come on Newstalk zb. Davis is an intellectual lightweight so I can understand his reluctance. Cindy is all sugar an spice (vogue and children) but no substance. Up your game Labour or you will be out next election.
    You can hear Jacinda saying nothing to Hoskings on Tuesday mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You can hear Jacinda saying nothing to Hoskings on Tuesday mornings.
    Poor Mike got a bit grumpy about this

Sounds like not many of Jacinda’s team really know what’s going on so better to just shut up

Haven’t heard anything from Phil for a few weeks. Something must be wrong.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    But they are experts. And economists.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sounds like Joyce was not liked by many in National, i wonder who's next in this cleanup, hope Bennett stays on for a while .
    Interesting Joyce never had an electorate seat. Andrew Little received plenty of criticism for never having won an electorate seat but the National supporters were strangely quiet about their finance minister being in the same situation.
    Nick Smith must be concerned about his position.

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Interesting Joyce never had an electorate seat. Andrew Little received plenty of criticism for never having won an electorate seat but the National supporters were strangely quiet about their finance minister being in the same situation.

westerly
    Which electorate did Joyce stand in?

IMO

Yes and he doesn't want to go.
    Int that the first two to go were the big black hole liars to the whole of NZ. I feel my/our posts about this added to the thousands of others around the country to give the full picture and helped Bill, the National party and Bridges and Joyce and co to make the logical easy decisions. And remember Simon Honesty and Integrity wins out in the end.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

westerly
    I don't think Nick is too concerned. He's a very active and good electorate MP and I think he's happy serving in that capacity for the term. Both Cullen (from memory) and English vacated their electorate seats to focus on the full time job of being Finance Minister.
    Little tried to become an electorate MP but always lost !! I think Little is probably one of the smarter Ministers in this Government but just wasn't a Leader.