sharetrader
Page 607 of 697 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617657 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 6963
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    u

Just as Cindy is short for Jacinda.
    You as well miss the point - do you recall English being referred to as William?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    You as well miss the point - do you recall English being referred to as William?
    The point that you miss is that most Williams will end up known as Bill, whether they like it or not.

Advanced Member

But Mr English went by the name Bill did you ever hear once he wanted to be called William - JA has made it clear how she would rather be addressed - to compare the two is obfuscating the situation ....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    English was never referred to as William unless maybe by his mother - can you address that point young Balance?
    Already have tim23 old chap. We don't get to choose our nick-names. The fact that Cindy gets under Ardern's skin has most likely made sure it will stick.

Andrea Vance raised Maggie Thatcher. She was called a lot worse by Lefties upon her death (classy). Public figures are going to receive both positive and negative feedback and emotional response from the public. Tis the nature of the beast.

I don't wish Ardern any ill. I however make know secret of the fact I dislike her and think she is perhaps the most cynical PM we have had in my lifetime....and I remember back vaguely to Holyoake (who incidentally, my mother disliked).

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Already have tim23 old chap. We don't get to choose our nick-names. The fact that Cindy gets under Ardern's skin has most likely made sure it will stick.

Andrea Vance raised Maggie Thatcher. She was called a lot worse by Lefties upon her death (classy). Public figures are going to receive both positive and negative feedback and emotional response from the public. Tis the nature of the beast.

I don't wish Ardern any ill. I however make know secret of the fact I dislike her and think she is perhaps the most cynical PM we have had in my lifetime....and I remember back vaguely to Holyoake (who incidentally, my mother disliked).
    Fair enough jonu, we are all entitled to our opinion and I respect that. Looks like its going to be another 3 years of suffering for you then as Labour is looking exceedingly likely to take the win

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Fair enough jonu, we are all entitled to our opinion and I respect that. Looks like its going to be another 3 years of suffering for you then as Labour is looking exceedingly likely to take the win
    Not a problem - it’s future generations of NZers who will pay. Those of us who know how will benefit irrespective and take care of our own.

Cindy runs the most incompetent & flakey government NZ has had since Muldoon - flunked every big promise made in 2017 to get the 37.6% vote they got.

Remember transformative? Transparent? Accountable? Kiwibuild?

Enjoy! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Not a problem - it’s future generations of NZers who will pay. Those of us who know how will benefit irrespective and take care of our own.

Cindy runs the most incompetent & flakey government NZ has had since Muldoon - flunked every big promise made in 2017 to get the 37.6% vote they got.

Remember transformative? Transparent? Accountable? Kiwibuild?

Enjoy! 
    Why do you call her Cindy Balance? Its a genuine question as some people might actually take notice of your posts if you called her Jacinda. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Why do you call her Cindy Balance? Its a genuine question as some people might actually take notice of your posts if you called her Jacinda. Just a thought
    The silent majority is the real audience - not some people, RB. Some people are already closed minded as you can tell from their postings.
    Last edited by Balance; 06-09-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The silent majority is the real audience - not some people, RB. Some people are already closed minded as you can tell from their postings.
    Some people may think that applies to you as well Balance and they might even be the silent majority but of course they are silent so we will never know

Guru

If we can't call her Cindy, maybe Comrade Ardern is more apt?