sharetrader
Page 612 of 697 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612613614615616622662 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6963
    Advanced Member

Who would of thought national appear to be the big spenders on the campaign trail- wonder how it will all be paid for doesn’t appear as though anyone on nationals front bench knows how to use a calculator - if the economy isn’t growing and you are spending more that indicates National will campaign on the promise of cutting services - that went well last time didn’t it ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    NZ does not have a high number of existing public holidays. Would it be less or more populist if we ditched the holiday for our foreign Queen and replaced it with Matariki?
    You can replace QB with a different holiday, I have no objection to that, however what is being proposed is an additional holiday, which is a populist policy; what non self-employed worker would not want additional employer paid holidays?

Labour needs to provide some policy details on the health and economic recovery ahead of us, especially with such large debt, and already lumbering businesses with on one of the largest minimum wage increases to date just days before a full L4 lockdown. What other increases to wages/taxes etc. are planned or likely to come?

I see the unions are already pontificating that the pandemic should not be used as a reason to stagnate workers wages, and therefore the 1 APR 2021 minimum wage increase must go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Would our Head of State actually be allowed to visit Her realm at the moment? She would not be a returning NZer.
    Not sure how that's relevant to the topic at hand, or is that in response to another post?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    ..... Labour needs to provide some policy details on the health and economic recovery ahead of us, especially with such large debt, and already lumbering businesses with on one of the largest minimum wage increases to date just days before a full L4 lockdown. What other increases to wages/taxes etc. are planned or likely to come? ...
    Ms Ardern was on the wireless this morning saying Labour would be releasing policies this week. Not specified, but I guess the first was today (Matariki).

Wish the election was tomorrow ..... wouldn;t have to put up with all this unexciting campaigning stuff.

Only good thing about the campaign is that it seems to have got the PM, Hipkins and Woods off the TV at 1pm each day
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wish the election was tomorrow ..... wouldn;t have to put up with all this unexciting campaigning stuff.

Only good thing about the campaign is that it seems to have got the PM, Hipkins and Woods off the TV at 1pm each day
    Good one, W69.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Heh, not sure this election should be exciting. That would be like wishing your GP offered more exciting prescriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Still waiting for your answer Balance
    Here’s your answer from Cindy herself!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12362963

Ardern laughs when I bring up a recent opinion piece that called for people to stop calling her "Cindy" because it is sexist and belittling.

I sense she doesn't like the name. She told The New York Times in 2018 she hated it.

But she's diplomatic.

"I've had a range of nicknames over my time in politics and none of them particularly bother me.

"When people put 'auntie' in the front I always find it a term of endearment."

So it's not sexist?

"I've never given it much thought. I've had nicknames my whole life. Jacinda is just one of those names that's easy to turn into a nickname.

"There's some [nicknames] I prefer over others though."

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Took a while, but when they bite, they bite like sharks.
    I think Junior you should go to the naughty corner = with that sort of post you likely must be just of secondary school so indeed a Junior.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Here’s your answer from Cindy herself!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12362963

Ardern laughs when I bring up a recent opinion piece that called for people to stop calling her "Cindy" because it is sexist and belittling.

I sense she doesn't like the name. She told The New York Times in 2018 she hated it.

But she's diplomatic.

"I've had a range of nicknames over my time in politics and none of them particularly bother me.

"When people put 'auntie' in the front I always find it a term of endearment."

So it's not sexist?

"I've never given it much thought. I've had nicknames my whole life. Jacinda is just one of those names that's easy to turn into a nickname.

"There's some [nicknames] I prefer over others though."
    Nice try Balance but my question is why do YOU call Jacinda Cindy? Come on Balance you must know why you do so please enlighten us

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Nice try Balance but my question is why do YOU call Jacinda Cindy? Come on Balance you must know why you do so please enlighten us
    Because she is Cindy - all style & no substance.