sharetrader
Page 613 of 697 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 6963
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Because she is Cindy - all style & no substance.
    Ok thank you for answering. Its good to know you think she has style

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Ok thank you for answering. Its good to know you think she has style
    All spin and no delivery - another way of putting it in cricketing term. 🤣
    Last edited by Balance; 07-09-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    All spin and no delivery - another way of putting it in cricketing term. 藍
    OMG you actually have a sense of humour! Who are you and what have you done with Balance?

Banned

I hear the young ones calling her Cindy also, just a nickname like most people have had throughout their lives, Comrade Cindy is a different ballgame but people are entitled to their opinions on that one.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I hear the young ones calling her Cindy also, just a nickname like most people have had throughout their lives, Comrade Cindy is a different ballgame but people are entitled to their opinions on that one.
    The Young Ones definitely would have called her Cindy....and a lot worse. Back when people weren't so precious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FTFifA3btU

The don't put your head out the window and subsequent treatment of his own head is probably my favourite.

Legend

This is precisely the sort of nonsense that puts me off Labour; i.e. interfering in private business matters.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...all-businesses

Nobody is forced to use paywave - retailers are not forced to offer it, and plenty don't. It simply should not have anything to do with the government. The market is perfectly able to decide on its worth all by itself.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post

Not sure how that's relevant to the topic at hand, or is that in response to another post?
    Relevant only insofar as it is bizarre to have a holiday honouring our Monarch who is probably currently not allowed to visit the country over which she nominally reigns - yet Matariki still is not given a holiday.

What percentage of voters are currently employees, who would actually benefit from having a public holiday paid for by an employer? In this day and age, I wonder if it is a populist policy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    This is precisely the sort of nonsense that puts me off Labour; i.e. interfering in private business matters.

Nobody is forced to use paywave - retailers are not forced to offer it, and plenty don't. It simply should not have anything to do with the government. The market is perfectly able to decide on its worth all by itself.
    Good point. Since Covid, I have avoided retailers that don’t have contactless eftpos.

Veteran novice

I wonder if it is a populist policy.
    Yes, of course it is. Isn't there a general election coming up?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post

A lot of businesses are restricted on how they can rout the public.
    Bank fees is one where I don't have a problem with regulation - it is hard for small business (of which we have many) to pressure banks to be competitive. It isn't really a free market.
    Why do we pay so much more in fees? It's not just paywave.