sharetrader
Page 614 of 697 FirstFirst ... 114514564604610611612613614615616617618624664 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Good point. Since Covid, I have avoided retailers that don’t have contactless eftpos.
    And that's fair enough. I avoid using it as I would rather not impose a charge on the retailer although when it was free I did use it. It is certainly easy to just swipe your phone, and makes for one less plastic card to cart around everywhere. Would be a better system if it accessed a current account rather than a credit card. So when the fees come down, and it can give me a choice of accounts to debit, I will use it a lot - but I still don't expect or want the govt. making the rules. It's not their place to stick their noses in.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 08-09-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    And that's fair enough. I avoid using it as I would rather not impose a charge on the retailer although when it was free I did use it. It is certainly easy to just swipe your phone, and makes for one less plastic card to cart around everywhere. Would be a better system if it accessed a current account rather than a credit card. So when the fees come down, and it can give me a choice of accounts to debit, I will use it a lot - but I still don't expect or want the govt. making the rules. It's not their place to stick their noses in.
    I think payWave setup on a debit card can access one of your bank accounts.

My priority has been to stop touching keypads. So that it is an important criterion for me when deciding which retailers to frequent.

It depends on bargaining power. The big retailers can negotiate cheaper payWave fees compared to the corner dairy.

Is a monopoly or cartel involved - if so, government regulation is needed.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Is a monopoly or cartel involved - if so, government regulation is needed.
    Pretty much is.
    Sometimes they have to be forced to do the right thing. They have never explained why we need to pay more than Aussie or the UK.
    We have a high take-up of eftpos in NZ.

Guru

The indoctrination of our children into the nonsense that is "Gender Theory" by the State is taking shape. Just as the world is finally beginning to see the emperor has no clothes when it comes to this nonsense, our State starts pumping it to our kids. Thanks Cindy and your Cabinet of Incompetents.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12363313

A poll taken last year showed more than 50% of people didn't want this crap in the class room.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The indoctrination of our children into the nonsense that is "Gender Theory" by the State is taking shape. Just as the world is finally beginning to see the emperor has no clothes when it comes to this nonsense, our State starts pumping it to our kids. Thanks Cindy and your Cabinet of Incompetents.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12363313

A poll taken last year showed more than 50% of people didn't want this crap in the class room.
    The other half did.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The other half did.
    Did they?

Reference?

Guru

The other half did.
    Maybe, but indoctrination of children with unscientific nonsense by the State is just plain scary.

Guru

The other half did.
    Actually, from that survey or 1000 people, 35 per cent thought they should be taught, and 11 per cent were unsure.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12189714

Legend

Any bean-counters here to explain what will happen to PIE tax with the 39% rate on income tax? If it remains at the current company tax rate of 28% it should give a lift to LIPTs, and other PIES.

Geez a 39% tax rate
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”