sharetrader
Page 631 of 697 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 6963
    Guru

I'm saying it doesn't matter which side is in for most of the well run businesses.

NZX and house prices both up where they are down in Australia.
    We're #1 in business freedom up from 2 and 3 under the last low ambition team ..
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 21-09-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I'm saying it doesn't matter which side is in for most of the well run businesses.

NZX and house prices both up where they are down in Australia.
    We're #1 in business freedom up from 2.
    Of course it matters. Labour are promising more sick leave, higher minimum wage and a new public holiday. The cost of which will all fall on business. Seems you and the Labour Cabinet are about the same level of economic understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Oh dear - so if one is poorly paid maybe a cleaner or kitchenhand they are unworthy - a typical blue blood comment, sad really
    An engineer with experience gets paid $150,000+ whileas a cleaner with 20 years experience gets paid $40,000. Why?

One is obviously more valuable than the other and that is the reality of society.

Unworthy does not come into it but that's how peasants think and that term & it’s inappropriate use is what defines tim23. You can take the peasant out of the village but you cannot take the village out of the peasant.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-09-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    An engineer gets paid $100,000 while as a cleaner gets paid $40,000.

One is obviously more valuable than the other and that is the reality of society.

Unworthy - that's how peasants think and that nicely defines tim23.
    Are they though? Not quite so cut and dried.
    A rubbish collector may get paid $40k also but when the rubbish mounts up people get upset that they aren't working.
    When the poorly paid nurse aides aren't there to nurse aide people get upset.
    When the engineer isn't engineering they don't notice for quite a while (if ever).

(PS - don't bother to try and categorise me as communist - I'm just pointing out the fallacy of your trope)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    A rubbish collector may get paid $40k also but when the rubbish mounts up people get upset that they aren't working.
    When the engineer isn't engineering they don't notice for quite a while (if ever).

(PS - don't bother to try and categorise me as communist - I'm just pointing out the fallacy of your trope)
    What a silly argument you bring there.

Guru

Yes we know which workers are essential now. The nats provided them with little over their nine years except stood by while their rent continued to increase.

"Nothing we can do to fix it". sums up their approach to things I think.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 21-09-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Rubbish collection - anyone can do.

Engineering - not everyone can do.

Beat me to it. Amazing how neither of them could work it out for themselves.

Guru

I understand that fully and know why I get the $150k not the $40k.
    Though anyone can do it not everyone wants to do it - obviously there are enough, at the moment, who want to do it that the rate is low (supply and demand).

Teachers and nurses (and Police) have been an interesting example where the supply/demand model had broken down.
    Interesting how there was low supply and high demand for both but the pay rate didn't go up. Being mostly publicly employed broke the linkage.

You said 'more valuable' - I was suggesting a different valuation method.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    Beat me to it. Amazing how neither of them could work it out for themselves.
    Thanks - I appreciate your useful input.