sharetrader
Page 636 of 697 FirstFirst ... 136536586626632633634635636637638639640646686 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 6963
    Advanced Member

2019 - the year of delivery.

2019 - The Prime Minister on 2 minute achievements vid.

2020 election campaign - delivery crickets, aspirations lots.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...23baae6b6881b1

An indication of what awaits NZ post the election - an unemployment bloodbath.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12367372

This is Cindy & Labour at its most cynical - splashing out billions of dollars on handouts is good, but tax cuts for the hard pressed middle income earners is bad.

Excerpt : ‘Labour has gone to some lengths to convince voters the tax cuts are actually bad for them. Ardern and Robertson have talked about the tax cuts as if they are lollies being offered by a strange man, calling them "unrealistic" and "irresponsible".’

In other words, Labour is about rewarding dependency but punishing thrift & hard work.

You Labourite lot can keep your Cindy & reap what you sow in the future. Despicable politics of envy & vote buying with taxpayers’ money - Cindy & her team who cannot even deliver a loaf of bread from the oven.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-09-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    You really have no idea you are badly misinformed (again) - the massive job losses predicted have yet to materialise, granted they may but not today old boy.
    Of course we can continue hiding it by printing a $ BILLION each and every week and tripling debt in only 12 months. Personally I don't call that a plan.

Guru

For what its worth, I think the worm has finally turned. Yesterday I put $1,000 on National to provide the next PM at 15.50. That means that if Labour win I lose $1,000. If National win I take $14,500.

We shall see where this lands. I may trade some out but at these prices and after the debate and 3 weeks being a long time in politics I am comfortable with my position.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12367372

This is Cindy & Labour at its most cynical - splashing out billions of dollars on handouts is good, but tax cuts for the hard pressed middle income earners is bad.

Excerpt : ‘Labour has gone to some lengths to convince voters the tax cuts are actually bad for them. Ardern and Robertson have talked about the tax cuts as if they are lollies being offered by a strange man, calling them "unrealistic" and "irresponsible".’

In other words, Labour is about rewarding dependency but punishing thrift & hard work.

You Labourite lot can keep your Cindy & reap what you sow in the future. Despicable politics of envy & vote buying with taxpayers’ money - Cindy & her team who cannot even deliver a loaf of bread from the oven.
    I don't like NATIONAL's idea of tax cuts at all. High chance the money will not get spent on stuff that keeps the wheels turning. Although personally we would benefit. I do like ACTS idea of reducing the GST tax, 15 ->10%. Seems like a better way to target any tax relief.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I don't like NATIONAL's idea of tax cuts at all. High chance the money will not get spent on stuff that keeps the wheels turning. Although personally we would benefit. I do like ACTS idea of reducing the GST tax, 15 ->10%. Seems like a better way to target any tax relief.
    You are probably right on the spending.
    Those that really need it (those under $40k) will get $8/week - that will set them up for life right?
    If National won I'd like to see Act in a position to have some real heft - up to now they haven't really had any power at all.
    Have Act shown the numbers on what the drop would mean in terms of revenue lost verses extra spending power to different income bands?
    National have talked about the 'average' earner with their tax cuts but not broken it down to how many are in any band.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You are probably right on the spending.
    Those that really need it (those under $40k) will get $8/week - that will set them up for life right?
    If National won I'd like to see Act in a position to have some real heft - up to now they haven't really had any power at all.
    Have Act shown the numbers on what the drop would mean in terms of revenue lost verses extra spending power to different income bands?
    National have talked about the 'average' earner with their tax cuts but not broken it down to how many are in any band.
    This Labour response is tired. Those earning under $40k are not paying any tax at all so of course they don't get a benefit from a tax cut. They are already receiving more in tax credits than the tax they pay. Why do you have so much against the average Kiwi family getting a bit of a help for a few months ?

I do however agree with RTM that ACT's policy of a temporary lower GST across the board would be my preference, but Labour's argument about "$8/week better of" is typical rubbish and disregard for hard working families.

Which ever party (s) is in power I think the Tax brackets need to be shifted to take into account the movement (up) in average wages and put on a regular review cycle

I think too that most of the tax cut would go on paying down debt etc and not spent as the intention and IMHO all things being equal - that is you are coping on current income, would be the sensible thing to do and as dobby says those that really need do not get a lot and will spend it, but will not be a huge help to the economy.

Voting: Undecided at this point but won't be NZ1st

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This Labour response is tired. Those earning under $40k are not paying any tax at all so of course they don't get a benefit from a tax cut. They are already receiving more in tax credits than the tax they pay. Why do you have so much against the average Kiwi family getting a bit of a help for a few months ?

I do however agree with RTM that ACT's policy of a temporary lower GST across the board would be my preference, but Labour's argument about "$8/week better of" is typical rubbish and disregard for hard working families.
    A typical response - why do you assume that I have anything against the average Kiwi family?
    I just think harping on that the 'average' family will be $60/wk better off ignore the half that don't have enough now and won't be much better off at all.
    I'll be $60 better off too, I don't need it but I won't be giving it back either. Actually I may increase my 'giving' by $60/wk.