sharetrader
Page 648 of 697 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 6963
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    It would go through the consent process not the RMA if you changed the roofline.
    If you changed the materials it would depend on the change - swap Iron for Concrete tiles - consent and grief.

Isn't the Resource Consent process required by the RMA, i.e. dictated by it.
    Could have worded it more specifically & precisely but expressed in general terms since we were talking about the RMA & it's effects.

Given they are both consents, for clarity, IMO it's worth describing them as follows:
    * Resource consent
    * Building consent

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Isn't the Resource Consent process required by the RMA, i.e. dictated by it.
    Could have worded it more specifically & precisely but expressed in general terms since we were talking about the RMA & it's effects.
    Building consent I'm referring to.
    To change the roof line you'd probably need a building consent to check that the recession plane isn't breached.

When people talk about RMA issues and getting rid of the rules I do hope that they aren't advocating letting it become open slather - anything goes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Regardless, it doesn't diminish the fact that idiot savant Geof Palmer lumbered us with the RMA in all it's consulting, mitigating glory. Palmer is unrivalled in the intelligent fool category.
    Most learned articles I have read suggest that the RMA, in its' current form, is passed its' use-by date rather than that it was never any good.
    It worked in its' time but that time has moved on.

Guru

Most learned articles I have read suggest that the RMA, in its' current form, is passed its' use-by date rather than that it was never any good.
    It worked in its' time but that time has moved on.
    I've had the misfortune to have had significant interaction with the RMA and I can assure you it was a nightmare from the beginning, and a boon for the legal, consulting and grievance industries. It has been an unproductive, expensive handbrake on this country from the outset, while at the same time doing little to achieve its reason for existence.

To give just one example. Water storage.

Guru

I've had the misfortune to have had significant interaction with the RMA and I can assure you it was a nightmare from the beginning, and a boon for the legal, consulting and grievance industries. It has been an unproductive, expensive handbrake on this country from the outset, while at the same time doing little to achieve its reason for existence.

To give just one example. Water storage.
    Interesting, then, that it is still being talked about after nearly 30 years.

Guru

Interesting, then, that it is still being talked about after nearly 30 years.
    How often does government (of any hue) make itself smaller? I could have added local and central government to the beneficiary list of the RMA.

I would but the the dots don't link up. If what the Nats did was so terrible, why didn't Aunty Helen fix it during her 9 years?

We have tended to follow the UK on this H&S and RMA stuff as far as I can make out.

Regardless, it doesn't diminish the fact that idiot savant Geof Palmer lumbered us with the RMA in all it's consulting, mitigating glory. Palmer is unrivalled in the intelligent fool category.

Andrew Little probably surpasses him in the fool category, but he's just a plain old idiot. I shudder to think what legacy Little will leave us with if he gets a second term as Justice Minister. He might even get lumbered with Cindy's Ihumatao cockup to sort out as well.
    The RMA process was started by Palmer but Labour were defeated and Nationals Simon Upton introduced and passed the RMA act in 1991.
    You should apologise to Palmer. Shudder all you like but you seem more the idiot to me.

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    The RMA process was started by Palmer but Labour were defeated and Nationals Simon Upton introduced and passed the RMA act in 1991.
    You should apologise to Palmer. Shudder all you like but you seem more the idiot to me.

westerly
    Why apologise to Palmer? It's not my fault he and Upton are in the same boat.

Here the old fool tries to distance himself from his monumental cockup.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...rent-mess.html

It was a cockup from the get go Geoff!

Dilettante

Andrew Little probably surpasses him in the fool category, but he's just a plain old idiot. I shudder to think what legacy Little will leave us with if he gets a second term as Justice Minister. He might even get lumbered with Cindy's Ihumatao cockup to sort out as well.
    Audrey Young in the Herald today suggests if Labour leads next Government Little will get Foreign Affairs, Justice and Treaty Negotiations 1