sharetrader
Page 73 of 697 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This story talks about ‘auctions’

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12018576
    But those are just the wet dreams of Andrew King. Smart tenants will walk from any landlord trying it on with rent auctions, and the landlord will end up with the type of tenant they deserve.

Dilettante

Twyford with a big announcement in Q&A this morning. Few thousand houses to built sometime in the future in Mt Albert but owners should not own cars. Only bicycles. He could not answer one question or give any detail about any of his policies. One of the worst performance I’ve seen in tv
    Last edited by iceman; 25-03-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Twyford wirh a big announcement in Q&A this morning. Few thousand houses to built sometime in the future in Mt Albert but owners should not own cars. Only bicycles. He could not answer one question or give any detail about any of his policies. One of the worst performance I’ve seen in tv
    He's probably the weakest link in Jacinda's lot, although there's strong competition from Chris Hipkins and Kelvin Davis.
    Should be renamed So Twyford; ('so' inexplicably being his first word in nearly every sentence).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    But those are just the wet dreams of Andrew King. Smart tenants will walk from any landlord trying it on with rent auctions, and the landlord will end up with the type of tenant they deserve.
    Perhaps you are right, but maybe you have never held an open home with 20 parties attending and anxious.

Having said that, we've been offered more rent on several occasions and never accepted them as tenants. Not interested in tenants that desparate, even for ready money.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Perhaps you are right, but maybe you have never held an open home with 20 parties attending and anxious.

Having said that, we've been offered more rent on several occasions and never accepted them as tenants. Not interested in tenants that desparate, even for ready money.
    Exactly. My recent experience with looking for a place to rent is that myself and my partner basically got offered every place we looked at if it was owners doing the letting, or told that we would be on the shortlist if it was an agent. No needs for good tenants to offer extra to get a place, so the ones that will play that game are probably far from desirable.

Legend

Twyford with a big announcement in Q&A this morning. Few thousand houses to built sometime in the future in Mt Albert but owners should not own cars. Only bicycles. He could not answer one question or give any detail about any of his policies. One of the worst performance I’ve seen in tv
    Perhaps eZ, or another of Labour's apologists who frequent this site, could explain to me and other mathematically challenged members, just how Twyford is going to fit 3 to 4 thousand dwellings on 29 hectares? Or did I not hear the numbers 29 or 3 to 4,000 properly? Are they all to be units, 10 storeys high?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Perhaps eZ, or another of Labour's apologists who frequent this site, could explain to me and other mathematically challenged members, just how Twyford is going to fit 3 to 4 thousand dwellings on 29 hectares? Or did I not hear the numbers 29 or 3 to 4,000 properly? Are they all to be units, 10 storeys high?
    I guess they will have to be, as there would be no more than 70m2 per section if it was all single level, 4000 dwellings. Maybe there would be a mix of apartment blocks, terraces, 2&3 bedroom units, and more like 3,000 dwellings. But at least give the government credit for making the purchase, they now have control over the speed of the development, and it'll get done, and it'll include some Kiwibuild homes.

Saw an interesting item about the CGT ideas, in the SST this morning. The tax working group is looking at removing the tax on the inflationary component of interest on savings. Maybe reducing the GST rate too. As far as a CGT goes, it might only apply to assets bought after a CGT tax came in, which sounds reasonably fair and a lot easier to handle. There could be small business exemptions too. They have that in Australia, "to ensure that a CGT catches significant gains without disincentivising small business innovation".

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I guess they will have to be, as there would be no more than 70m2 per section if it was all single level, 4000 dwellings. Maybe there would be a mix of apartment blocks, terraces, 2&3 bedroom units, and more like 3,000 dwellings. But at least give the government credit for making the purchase, they now have control over the speed of the development, and it'll get done, and it'll include some Kiwibuild homes.

Saw an interesting item about the CGT ideas, in the SST this morning. The tax working group is looking at removing the tax on the inflationary component of interest on savings. Maybe reducing the GST rate too. As far as a CGT goes, it might only apply to assets bought after a CGT tax came in, which sounds reasonably fair and a lot easier to handle. There could be small business exemptions too. They have that in Australia, "to ensure that a CGT catches significant gains without disincentivising small business innovation".
    How sad EZ that you and Labour can try to make this a Kiwibuild program. The previous National lead Government had already signed of the Unitec project and it has been through the Auckland planning process. Not to mention that hardly any of these planned apartments will be "affordable" according to Labour's measurements. Pathetic and once again shows a Government totally out of their depth.

Legend

How sad EZ that you and Labour can try to make this a Kiwibuild program. The previous National lead Government had already signed of the Unitec project and it has been through the Auckland planning process. Not to mention that hardly any of these planned apartments will be "affordable" according to Labour's measurements. Pathetic and once again shows a Government totally out of their depth.
    Don't think National did much, except not stop the course of the planning for private development. Having the government in there at the start of the project is a big change.

http://www.mtalbertinc.co.nz/governm...s-unitec-land/

These people will be 5km from Queen St, so yes, they could bike to work in town. They'd presumably still need their own carpark building.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

I've often thought about not taxing inflation - but boy-oh-boy would it be a can of worms to remove tax from interest! Is all money sitting in bank accounts 'savings'? Who would decide that? I hope they don't reduce the GST rate. 'Better to clobber us a bit for spending, than to ever punish someone for earning'. That's a Fungus mantra.
    It also whacks the tourists a bit, and that's an efficient way of recouping some of the necessary infrastructure costs which support tourism. Tourism is a big earner for us, but it carries high costs. 15% consumer tax by world standards is not high. If it were ever dropped below that I'd like to see ACC denied to non-residents, although it doesn't cost a lot; around a million a year average. But so many come from parts of the world where you queue up - coin in hand - to pee. They don't get a bad deal here with loads of freebies, so keep GST where it is because if they don't pay - we do.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 25-03-2018 at 10:34 PM.