sharetrader
Page 78 of 697 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I dont. She and Labour wanted to do a deal with the devil. She made her bed. Now she gets to lie in it. (Would we feels sorry for Andrew Little as an aging white male, if he was in the same position?)
    O don't you worry, I am not sorry at all, I did have the "almost" in there. She has kept saying she is a big girl, well its time to fill those big girl boots. But I think we are not going to see her post maternity leave.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    O don't you worry, I am not sorry at all, I did have the "almost" in there. She has kept saying she is a big girl, well its time to fill those big girl boots. But I think we are not going to see her post maternity leave.
    So - who do you think is going to replace her?

Short term obviously Winston. But long term? I guess he certainly would want to, but I am not sure Labour could afford that. On the other hand - they are anyway screwed come next election ...

Anybody from the current set of ministers? Hopeless ... but wait - what about Damien O'Conner - at least he feels genuine and comes from the coast ;

Maybe some of the back benchers could grow into the job if you give them another decade or so ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 28-03-2018 at 08:32 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    So - who do you think is going to replace her?
    Winston is the obvious answer, but the Union masters will not accept that. I think Little is the one going to fill that void. Kelvin Davis is untenable and as you go through the list you see there really is no competence or talent at all in that Labour cabinet. Sad state of affairs really but boy have National dodged a bullet by not going with NZfirst.

Legend

Winston is the obvious answer, but the Union masters will not accept that. I think Little is the one going to fill that void. Kelvin Davis is untenable and as you go through the list you see there really is no competence or talent at all in that Labour cabinet. Sad state of affairs really but boy have National dodged a bullet by not going with NZfirst.
    I doubt Little would be interested. He looked incredibly relieved when he stepped down; anyway he's useless. Stuart Nash shows promise.

I think Little is the one going to fill that void.
    My money would be on Little as well. But with Helen Clark out of a job and needing to ensure idle hands dont get up to mischief I think she will be pulling lots of strings in the background. I cant see those strings being attached to much else other than Little.

Winston is not an option. He is only the Leader of a Coalition partner. Arguably NZ voted for a National or Labour led government - they did not vote for a NZ First led government. As a minor party I'm sure the Greens did not join the coalition on the basis of it being led by NZ First.

Labour and Feminists are in a really difficult spot at the moment. Jacinda really has no option but to return post baby. Anything else would cause the "Diversity" movement to spin itself in a self consuming vortex of gloom. But I'm not sure a return would be good for any person in such circumstances.

If she does give up once shes had the baby it'll set womens equality so far back, by proving peoples concerns about females in careers right.
    I remember what my wife was like both during and after pregnancy, there is no way I would have wanted her running a country.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    If she does give up once shes had the baby it'll set womens equality so far back, by proving peoples concerns about females in careers right.
    I remember what my wife was like both during and after pregnancy, there is no way I would have wanted her running a country.
    Neither does Winston.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    I'm listening to someone on NZR bemoaning the lack of women in leadership roles in NZ. "We're going backwards!"

Not a good time for that particular argument.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'm listening to someone on NZR bemoaning the lack of women in leadership roles in NZ. "We're going backwards!"

'There are no Russian spies in NZ' says Jacinda. That's gotta be a great argument for women in leadership roles - intuition. No man could possibly know that.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

I thought it was only women who gossip. You lot beat them hands down.

westerly