sharetrader
Page 94 of 697 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think minimoke has raised an interesting issue about negative news about Labour disappearing, not being reported or judges assisting with name suppressions. That's not desperation, just a matter of fact.
    Given the Minister of Broadcasting meddling inappropriately with state radio it is extremely disturbing to see state television with a broken link to a topical news item involving a member of Government

Perhaps someone could explain why Clarke Gayford needs a Diplomatic Passport to visit Australia, the Pacific Island and the UK. Surely in these visa free countries his NZ passport should be all that is required. I thought diplomatic passports got issued to diplomats, top ranking government officials and diplomatic couriers. When travelling do his bags get searched and sniffed like every other spouse or do government official spouses get special treatment?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Given the Minister of Broadcasting meddling inappropriately with state radio it is extremely disturbing to see state television with a broken link to a topical news item involving a member of Government
    Which minister?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Which minister?
    Clare Curran (Labour) having a "chance encounter" with Carol Hirschfeld - despite the txt messaging beforehand and diary entry. And then subsequent encouragement of the CEO not to attend a Select Committee meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Which minister?
    Or do you mean the TVone news link that has disappeared? - that was MP Liz Craig. Shes new so got to do a Maiden Speech when she entered parliament.

Net migration still tracking around 70,000 odd per year

Labour and Winston seem very quiet on the subject these days ....hmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

I heard that Govt and Auckland Council have a grand ten year plan to improve Auckland's transport infrastructure. I thought I heard that it's to be part funded on a Public/Private partnership basis but must have got that wrong - Labour doesn't believe in PPP's.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I heard that Govt and Auckland Council have a grand ten year plan to improve Auckland's transport infrastructure. I thought I heard that it's to be part funded on a Public/Private partnership basis but must have got that wrong - Labour doesn't believe in PPP's.

That's clever. And then introduce "value capture" tax on everyone in the vicinity of the new infrastructure :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That's clever. And then introduce "value capture" tax on everyone in the vicinity of the new infrastructure :-)
    I see one cool idea is to put a special levy on imported petrol engine cars and use the money to encourage the purchase of electric cars by giving purchasers a rebate

Seems like the not so well off will be subsidising the more affluent ....cool
    Last edited by winner69; 28-04-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I see one cool idea is to put a special levy on 8mported petrol engine cars and use the money to encourage the purchase of electric cars by giving purchasers a rebate

Seems like the not so well off will be subsidising the more affluent ....cool
    Its how the rich get richer. Credit where it is due though. It is consistent with poor people subsidising the wealthy through the proposed fuel tax as well as continuing the exemption from Road User charges. Ultimately what we will end up with is the Greens jumping from their EV's to their bikes and not contributing a cent towards the roads they travel on.