sharetrader
Page 95 of 697 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast

Hmm. No reduced GP visit costs. Another promise gone.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Hmm. No reduced GP visit costs. Another promise gone.
    bugger

just as well too late to cancel the power subsidy ..... first payment soon I think
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

What a clusterfcuk this govt is. An email from BP gets leaked. Energiser Bunny calls BP to the Parliament to explain. Com com comes out and says no problem, nothing illegal going on here. Naive and inept spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What a clusterfcuk this govt is. An email from BP gets leaked. Energiser Bunny calls BP to the Parliament to explain. Com com comes out and says no problem, nothing illegal going on here. Naive and inept spring to mind.
    Well, bvgger me Who would ever have thought a company would have a pricing strategy. I wonder what on earth else they are up to - may be advertising strategies, maybe hedging strategies. The mind boggles.

Legend

Well done Labour for levelling the playing field on GST by adding to all online purchases. Long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Well done Labour for levelling the playing field on GST by adding to all online purchases. Long overdue.
    Only if we get Consumer Guarantees Act warranty on purchases as well.

Dilettante

Agree this levels the playing field if applied to all goods, as it should be. But one has to wonder how long Labour will get away with introducing all these extra taxes when they've said they will not introduce any new taxes this term ! They are also flat out backtracking on clear election promises such as doctors fees reducing, scrambling to fill the fiscal hole Steven Joyce told them about

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Agree this levels the playing field if applied to all goods, as it should be. But one has to wonder how long Labour will get away with introducing all these extra taxes when they've said they will not introduce any new taxes this term ! They are also flat out backtracking on clear election promises such as doctors fees reducing, scrambling to fill the fiscal hole Steven Joyce told them about
    Yes they are, but I wouldn't call GST a new tax. It's just fixing an anomoly, which admittedly will throw a couple of buckets of fill into the 11 billion hole.

Dilettante

Yes they are, but I wouldn't call GST a new tax. It's just fixing an anomoly, which admittedly will throw a couple of buckets of fill into the 11 billion hole.
    I agree FP but you tell that to the millennials that do nearly all their shopping online !! Not sure they'll agree.

Im not sure what the anomaly is. GST has traditionally been applied for goods and services purchased and enjoyed locally. Now it seems it is being applied to goods purchased off shore and enjoyed locally. Should I now be paying GST on things I purchase overseas when I am on an overseas holiday or travel?