sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NZX.com changes

Investor

What I don't like with the new site is the Company Announcements section. The old site used to display the ticker code first, then company name and then related announcement.

The new one just displays company name and announcement, which sometimes can lead to missing out on key information if you're used to recognising the company by ticker code.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    What I don't like with the new site is the Company Announcements section. The old site used to display the ticker code first, then company name and then related announcement.

The new one just displays company name and announcement, which sometimes can lead to missing out on key information if you're used to recognising the company by ticker code.
    It really gives these IT guys a job to change the websites from time to time. Same with Internet Banking sites, they seem to get more and more complicated trying to reinvent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Thanks Steveb, must have been looking in the wrong place.
    Cheers

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    It really gives these IT guys a job to change the websites from time to time. Same with Internet Banking sites, they seem to get more and more complicated trying to reinvent the wheel.
    So very true, companies seem to spend up big on IT improvements without properly understanding the basic facts of the project. Similar thing happened with Akl Council, Kiwibank recently to name a few.

Puriri Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

I agree with your comment. It's beyond belief that the ticker code has disappeared from announcements as their purpose is to simplify recognition of each unique
    security listing. Also annoying is that it's no longer possible to sort price sensitive announcements. I'm very surprised that these changes have made it through NZX management evaluation.

I agree, the new sites an absolute ****ter. Lack of information, many mouse clicks req'd to get key info. I think thats the intention.