sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Yahoo CSV API blocked

Hi all,

On 2nd Nov Yahoo blocked access to CSV API ... so will now subscribe to EOD data from a provider.
    I'm quoted $50/month from Findata .... any other recommendations from the group ?

Regards Jon

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JonJeffrey View Post
    Hi all,

On 2nd Nov Yahoo blocked access to CSV API ... so will now subscribe to EOD data from a provider.
    I'm quoted $50/month from Findata .... any other recommendations from the group ?

Regards Jon
    Doesn't it??? My CSV portfolio download from finance.yahoo.com/portfolio still works

Hi all,

Regards Jon
    they just changed again have been doing it a number of times this year , i still can get it though with a few tweeks and work arounds if i need too. i only really used it for nz data as paying for the nzx data here was just outright crazy prices for such a small amount of data.

hate to think your paying $50 for nzx data that sounds outragous what are you buying ? better to source data from overseas way cheaper if you want to pay.
    one step ahead of the herd

I'm in Australia & I get whole ASX end of day data & intraday without cost .... but need NZ EOD as well .... & yes ... its not much data ... was hopeful some of the fourm folk would direct me to an alternative supplier ...

if you cant use yahoo or google nzx data which is free try reuters datalink cost about 20 - 30 us/ mth of the top my head for asia pacific data ( includes all exchanges in the region nzx, aust etc ....

have to remember if its free its usually crappy data have to pay for quality data
    Last edited by bull....; 06-11-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Staying Legal

I thought that Findata did NZX EOD for $19.95 per month, and if this is still true then it is the cheapest source that I am aware of.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Thanks for the replies :-) appreciated. Will contact Findata in the morning

Default AmiQuote

Thanks for the replies :-) appreciated. Will contact Findata in the morning
    If it helps, I use this & its still working for Yahoo.

http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2017...3-20-released/

Hunting for Heuristic trends

I'm in Australia & I get whole ASX end of day data & intraday without cost .... but need NZ EOD as well .... & yes ... its not much data ... was hopeful some of the fourm folk would direct me to an alternative supplier ...
    Do you have access to a Webpage Reader+Extractor. It allows you to "point" ( url list) to a page (multiple pages) and "read + extract" the actual data (html tags and codes with embedded text and numeric values etc) creating the page. With a bit of additional coding you can filter out only the text and numerics that you require leaving all the other nonessential stuff behind. Effectively you create and tune your own web scraper/harvester.

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Do you have access to a Webpage Reader+Extractor. It allows you to "point" ( url list) to a page (multiple pages) and "read + extract" the actual data (html tags and codes with embedded text and numeric values etc) creating the page. With a bit of additional coding you can filter out only the text and numerics that you require leaving all the other nonessential stuff behind. Effectively you create and tune your own web scraper/harvester.
    this the way to go add some python code to do it , you can even build your own intraday charts if you scrape often enough and dont get caught lol.