sharetrader
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Though remember we can't sell those we "hold" in the comp

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Good 'battle of the beagles' shaping up here. The other Beagle made a stellar start and has now embarked on an end of year retreat. This Beagle stumbled along nearly tracking the index until the October volatility started. Then the index dropped away and I didn't. So I am now up to 24th place only one spot behind the other Beagle. The index has recovered to +5.5% for the year and I am at +12.2%. So I am now looking at a 7.1% percentage point out-performance of the index.
    It is the mid December update and in dollar terms I have suffered (now only up 11.7% for the year). But in relative terms I am pulling ahead. Now up to 18th place (an all time high) with the other Beagle down at p41 (although +7% in this market is still a creditable performance) . NZX50 now down to a 3.9% gain for the year. So I am now 7.8 percentage points up on the index. Spookily I am now right on the tail of the 'Not Roger' entry at p17. Can I pull ahead of this honorary third Beagle before the year clicks over? Who would have picked Spark to be my best performer of the year!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 17-12-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Snoopy me ol’ mate

Surely ‘Spookily’ is meant to be ‘Snoopily’

Thanks to Sylvester posting the Top 5 I don’t need to go the full list ....improved position as well In December ...that’s spooky
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Though remember we can't sell those we "hold" in the comp
    Buy and hold not working too well in this market.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    It is the mid December update and in dollar terms I have suffered (now only up 11.7% for the year). But in relative terms I am pulling ahead. Now up to 18th place (an all time high) with the other Beagle down at p41 (although +7% in this market is still a creditable performance) . NZX50 now down to a 3.9% gain for the year. So I am now 7.8 percentage points up on the index. Spookily I am now right on the tail of the 'Not Roger' entry at p17. Can I pull ahead of this honorary third Beagle before the year clicks over? Who would have picked Spark to be my best performer of the year!

SNOOPY
    Woof, woof, well done. Now the year is almost over I will let the "cat" out of the bag so to speak with who is this mythical other beagle called "Not Roger Honest"
    Its former legendary poster on here Crackity my old mate who cheekily almost picked exactly the same stocks as me and has a wonderful sense of humour including for instance calling his jet black colored old dog "Snowy" Well done Crackers !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hi Mr Beagle and all,
    Happy holidays!
    Can anyone please send me a link to the competition results as I have been unable to see all year and wish to put myself out of my misery.
    Thanks,
    -dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Hi Mr Beagle and all,
    Happy holidays!
    Can anyone please send me a link to the competition results as I have been unable to see all year and wish to put myself out of my misery.
    Thanks,
    -dodgy
    https://sites.google.com/view/sharet...overall-result

Thanks, -dodgy (brucey09 in competition)

Can we have a screen split this year so the results scroll past the headings, please? Some of us are so far down...

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Can we have a screen split this year so the results scroll past the headings, please? Some of us are so far down...
    No worries!
    Will run the update heading into the last week sometime boxing day...and then the close sometime on Jan 3rd!
    And if you're not int he 2019 comp yet...ENTER!!! Only 40 entires so far, want to spread the love and learning far and wide :-)