sharetrader
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Hi all...

Results to December 21st are out...pending a miracle on Monday, or when I find any obvious errors I have made, looks like VR will take it out with a return of around 30% - 10% clear of Chinesekiwi and RGR367. Final results will be out shortly after trading close...perhaps with some "sylvesteralysis" to go with it!

Full results are at https://sites.google.com/view/sharet...overall-result. Remember, you can navigate to the "Individual" page for more detail, or enter your username up the top on the main page - that will bring up your results compared to the NZX.

Still plenty of time to enter the 2019 competition too!!

Username Pick 1 Pick 2 Pick 3 Pick 4 Pick 5 Opening Investment Closing Investment add Dividends add Rights Issue TOTAL $ RETURN TOTAL %AGE TOTAL Annualised %age Rank
    Vr PLX AIR ATM WHS MVN $10,000 $12,496 $437 $0 $2,933 29.3% 30.0% 1
    chinesekiwi OCA VGL PLX ARV FNZ $10,000 $11,724 $262 $0 $1,986 19.9% 20.3% 2
    RGR367 ATM BLT OHE RAK SKO $10,000 $11,964 $0 $0 $1,964 19.6% 20.1% 3

Vision over Visibility

Hoping I can maintain last position with the 'anti' share picks... With everything so volatile and many of perennial underperformed well doen.. Hard to find 5 clear cut 'anti shares for 2019...

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Well, here are the END RESULTS FOR 2018!
    A huge congratulations to VR who shamed us all with a total return of 35%. PLX, ATM and a well-timed takeover of MVN were the winners on the day....

Username Pick 1 Pick 2 Pick 3 Pick 4 Pick 5 Opening Investment Closing Investment add Dividends add Rights Issue TOTAL $ RETURN TOTAL %AGE TOTAL Annualised %age Rank
    Vr PLX AIR ATM WHS MVN $10,000 $13,078 $437 $0 $3,515 35.2% 35.0% 1
    RGR367 ATM BLT OHE RAK SKO $10,000 $12,618 $0 $0 $2,618 26.2% 26.0% 2
    Pending PPH ATM SKO IKE WDT $10,000 $12,602 $0 $0 $2,602 26.0% 25.9% 3

An honourable mention to lawnmower man, who in his first year has turned up a creditable 13th, and led the pack for much of the year. This purring puss had a strong finish to the year also, ending in 12th place. Also congratulations to hamish, who maintained his 'anti' picks, cleaning up last place by a considerable margin.

A few useful stats and / or questions....
    1 - NZX return of 4.9% achieved 59th place - meaning only a third of us beat the market, with what is essentially a 'buy and hold' strategy. So is it "safer" to invest in passive funds, knowing that some years you'll be ahead or behind with an "active" strategy?
    2 - The shares we loved the most - the "Sharetrader Top 5" - came in at 99th place. Oh dear...collective wisdom perhaps not the way forward?
    3 - Only 2 Sharebroking firms 'beat the market' - Craigs with a creditable 18.1% return (8th place) and MSL with 7.1% (46th place).
    4 - Our average return was a poor NEGATIVE 0.5%!

The full list of results is attached in the usual place....https://sites.google.com/view/sharet...overall-result.

Will try to make this a bit easier to read for the 2019 comp.

Here's to a fruitful 2019 for all of us !

well done sylvestercat, good effort

glad you posted only a few ...saved me the effort going to the results website
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Woof woof, thanks heaps purring puss. Congrats to all who beat the NZX50 index.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks, Sylvester for a fun comp. I think some of us are probably willing to 'take a punt' on shares we would not risk real money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Woof, woof, well done. Now the year is almost over I will let the "cat" out of the bag so to speak with who is this mythical other beagle called "Not Roger Honest"
    Its former legendary poster on here Crackity my old mate who cheekily almost picked exactly the same stocks as me and has a wonderful sense of humour including for instance calling his jet black colored old dog "Snowy" Well done Crackers !
    Well, your old mate Crackity had you barking up the wrong tree then, as there is also an entry under his name. Two licks of the food bowl eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Well, your old mate Crackity had you barking up the wrong tree then, as there is also an entry under his name. Two licks of the food bowl eh?
    One lick for each old mutt
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hi SC... just wondering if you could post the results here as the link isn't working? Thanks! PH

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Huljich View Post
    Hi SC... just wondering if you could post the results here as the link isn't working? Thanks! PH
    Hi Peter,

Cheers,
    NBT