sharetrader
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Pretty damned impressive really! Have figured it out, my apologies. Will resolve itself sometime this evening...

Guru

Sylvester where did you get the value of KFL from. I like it but it is a bit over stated.

Closing value on Friday was 132.

Yahoo's data download is often a bit screwy until the next trading day after the close. It does correct itself, but takes time. I'll correct KFL to the correct close though, should be reflected in results this evening.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Yahoo's data download is often a bit screwy until the next trading day after the close. It does correct itself, but takes time. I'll correct KFL to the correct close though, should be reflected in results this evening.
    The last time they were as high as 139 was December 2016, over a year ago. The update before this one had them over 140. So I suspect it is a more than just yahoo correcting itself in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    The last time they were as high as 139 was December 2016, over a year ago. The update before this one had them over 140. So I suspect it is a more than just yahoo correcting itself in the short term.
    You'd be amazed what Yahoo is capable of. I had a look at the source file - definitely a yahoo issue. although if you download it again now, its fine. See the picture attached...the 140 is still there also. The 140 for previous days is still here...see this link: https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/quote/K...story?p=KFL.NZ
    You'll also note that yahoo (on its download only) is always 1 day out. I correct for that as part of the data, but still very odd...
    Capture.GIF
    Not the only stock either - keeping an eye on VGL, BRM and a couple of others. Will add KFL to the list.

The dividend issue was all mine though, I screwed that up all by myself!!

All fixed...and heaven help us it looks like MSL Brokers are now edging us all out!!!

Membaa

That's the trouble with Yahoo data, which has caught me out a few times, you have to manually check everything because it's often crook and sometimes doesn't "correct itself". Even their own charts are pretty much useless without checking as they often duplicate days, have incorrect closing prices, etc. As Paper Tiger berated me some eternity ago, you get what you (don't) pay for.

What am I doing wrong, when I type my user name in the yellow slot I do not appear to be on the list?

Cheers Waikare

Guru

You don't appear on the "everyone" list either as far as I can see. You need to to talk to Sylvestercat.

Results for week ended January 19th are available at the usual link.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    What am I doing wrong, when I type my user name in the yellow slot I do not appear to be on the list?

Cheers Waikare
    Waikare, I haven't got you as an entry...do you remember if you sent anything thru?
    If you did enter, do you know what you picked? Or even the date you entered?
    Can see if I can trace something...