sharetrader
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Well well, looks like the dogs have risen to the top....could it be that a Beagle is in both #1 and #2, with a lawnmower following closely in 3rd hoovering up the dog poop?
    Couta 1 is 7th, with this lowly pussycat in 9th place and a rooster hot on my tail.
    Full results will be on the website soon: https://sites.google.com/view/sharet...icks-2018/home

Username Pick 1 Pick 2 Pick 3 Pick 4 Pick 5 Opening Investment Closing Investment add Dividends TOTAL $ RETURN TOTAL %AGE TOTAL Annualised %age Rank
    Not Roger ( honest) AIR SUM THL HLG ATM $10,000 $11,619 $0 $1,619 16.2% 105.5% 1
    beagle PPH SUM THL ATM HLG $10,000 $11,566 $0 $1,566 15.7% 102.1% 2
    Lawnmower man ATM SUM SML PPH HLG $10,000 $11,454 $0 $1,454 14.5% 94.8% 3

Should add that THL, SUM, HLG and ATM appear to be the themes of the fortnight so far...

Incidentally, Sharetrader Top 5 now in 25th place - very close to Craig's. So there is something to be said for "collective wisdom".
    MSL brokers slipped from 1st to 61st. Their's did seem to be a very short-term game...
    Not Roger (honest) ...is one of his disciples

Well done on leading your hero .... AIR better than PPH ...how ironic

I know you worship him ....and for the curious it’s not percy
    Last edited by winner69; 25-02-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

LOL...this temporary fluke is all the proof you need that every dog has its day
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

I reckon the Beagle couldn't bare leaving his beloved Air off his picks so he's put up another entry, could be a bone of contention here.

Hi ladies and gentlemen. This is my first post but have been one of these "background trawlers" that spends excess hours reading on sharetrader, just taking all of the knowledge in from the wonderful community for the last 2-3 years. I really value the opinions presented on this forum, but this information is used as a starting point for me to do my own research prior to making investment decisions. I guess I have always been afraid to post, as I feel I don't have much to add to what other have been saying. From now on I will try and make some more contributions and give back where and when I can, but, I am still very much in the early stages of learning. I've got skin in the game of the 5 stocks I picked this year so am feeling very pleased with how things are going, while keeping a stockpile of cash ready for what may be around the corner. A really big thank you though, as this forum has been invaluable to a newbie!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower man View Post
    Hi ladies and gentlemen. This is my first post but have been one of these "background trawlers" that spends excess hours reading on sharetrader, just taking all of the knowledge in from the wonderful community for the last 2-3 years. I really value the opinions presented on this forum, but this information is used as a starting point for me to do my own research prior to making investment decisions. I guess I have always been afraid to post, as I feel I don't have much to add to what other have been saying. From now on I will try and make some more contributions and give back where and when I can, but, I am still very much in the early stages of learning. I've got skin in the game of the 5 stocks I picked this year so am feeling very pleased with how things are going, while keeping a stockpile of cash ready for what may be around the corner. A really big thank you though, as this forum has been invaluable to a newbie!
    Nice to read your post, keep contributing, everyone has something to contribute,big or small.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower man View Post
    Lawnmower, I am only a newbie myself on the forum, so I echo your sentiment. I love the banter, and the discussion is both insightful and incisive.

Wonder how the dog's went last week ? Looking at my latest real portfolio valuation it looks like I got my nails clipped a little bit, maybe the same in this competition ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The machine is busy creating the results at the moment, busy day at work so will probably check & publish sometime this arvo...

Well, similar results for the dogs as lat week...although certain pussycats did not fare so well.
    Beagle and lawnmower have swapped places, Not roger still leading us into the first turn....

The brokerage of "Sharetrader top 5" is now the best-placed set of broker picks...!

Username Pick 1 Pick 2 Pick 3 Pick 4 Pick 5 Opening Investment Closing Investment add Dividends TOTAL $ RETURN TOTAL %AGE TOTAL Annualised %age Rank
    Not Roger ( honest) AIR SUM THL HLG ATM $10,000 $11,794 $0 $1,794 17.9% 103.9% 1
    Lawnmower man ATM SUM SML PPH HLG $10,000 $11,752 $0 $1,752 17.5% 101.5% 2
    beagle PPH SUM THL ATM HLG $10,000 $11,644 $0 $1,644 16.4% 95.3% 3

Full results on the website: https://sites.google.com/view/sharet...icks-2018/home
    Last edited by Oliver Mander; 05-03-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Early days but its a bit of fun to be at the head of the pack, opps I mean third