sharetrader
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Big learning for me has been to get the list correct up front - thanks for your patience as I've added to the list with your help.
    Thanks for your work this year. And also to klid and PT and others who have put in work over the past 12 months. This is a good bit of light-hearted competition. All good fun and I'm glad that it's continuing.

I'm just getting my entry ready and it should be sent via the survey soon.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    1) Quick update: 116 entries so far, still a long way shy of last year. Can still enter if you wish - in the interests of fairness, will accept entries up until January 2nd (since first trading day is the 3rd). The mighty Thor - god of 2017 - has indeed submitted his/her entry . Enter by a private message on sharetrader, emailing sylvestercat2018@gmail.com or via the survey link here.

2) The entry list so far can be seen at this link - will keep the picks hidden until entries close. There will be pages showing share performance and "popular picks" added to the site.

3) Have rung a couple of brokers today, they have indicated they'll get back to me, but also intimated they had spoken with the NZ Herald, so should be in an article any day now.

Big learning for me has been to get the list correct up front - thanks for your patience as I've added to the list with your help.
    The list of entrants is as at 8.45am yesterday. Have you a more recent one. I don't appear but my entry could have been posted after this time.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

You are definitely in 777. Will update soon...

Advanced Member

Could you let shrewd crude in with 5 crypto picks, that would be interesting

Hi Sylvester
    Thanks for the time extension - I've just lodged my picks via the link.
    Thanks also for running the competition this year. Pity the wheel has to be re-invented and that you couldn't capitalise on Klid's earlier work.

Another thought too - why doesn't STMOD run the annual competition - be good to get something productive from him instead of wrist slapping ( just saying - please don't ban me sir!).

A great idea about the top ten picks from Beagle. Will be interesting to monitor how that portfolio goes over the next 12 months.

Happy New Year and best wishes for profitable investing in 2018 to all ST members.
    Bon chance
    Pierre

Thanks Pierre.
    klid did some great work -- but the method he used was shut off by Google during August 2017. I do wish I had his/her web skills though!! Hopefully we can work together on it at one point.

To all: please check the opening prices of the shares at this link. It will update with performance figures as the year unfolds.

Thanks Deej.
    - Broker Picks now included - except Vulcan Capital for picking a stock that doesn't exist yet.
    - 132 entrants as of now.

Finzsoft FIN?

It should already be there...but will add tomorrow morning if it isn't. Sorry about that...
    Update: FIN now added

145 participants as of this morning.
    Last edited by Oliver Mander; 02-01-2018 at 09:23 AM.