sharetrader
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

Default ANZ Securities sold to FNZC

Anyone was expecting this?

ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited (ANZ) has today announced it will enter into a strategic alliance with share broking, wealth management and investment banking company First NZ Capital Securities Limited (FNZC).

As part of the alliance ANZ has agreed to sell the ANZ Securities service - which includes the platform that allows you to trade equities and bonds - to FNZC.

The sale will mean some changes for you, but both ANZ and FNZC are committed to ensuring that there is as little disruption as possible for you.

As the sale progresses, we'll keep you updated as to what is happening so you are fully informed and can make a smooth transition to the new platform.

You can continue to trade equities and bonds online as normal

You can continue to use the ANZ Securities service just as you do now until the completion of the sale. We anticipate that the sale will complete in the second half of 2018, which is subject to closing steps and conditions.

After the sale is completed, FNZC will operate the online equity and bond trading service, including any associated multi-currency bank account. The FNZC service will be called Direct Broking and will have new branding, but will offer similar features to the ANZ Securities service.

The sale of the ANZ Securities service will have no impact on any other banking services provided to you by ANZ, including KiwiSaver and managed investment funds. ANZ will continue to provide you with access to new fixed income investment opportunities.

You don't need to do anything now

We'll keep you updated over the next few months, including letting you know the date the sale will take place. In the meantime, you can continue using ANZ Securities just as you do now.

Why are we selling the ANZ Securities service?

The sale is part of a strategic alliance between ANZ and FNZC. This alliance allows ANZ to continue to simplify its business, while ensuring our customers can continue to access a high-quality equity and bond trading service.

Who is FNZC?

FNZC is a leading full service, wholly locally owned, share broking, wealth management and investment banking* firm. FNZC has been awarded INFINZ Sharebroker of the Year for 8 of the last 10 years, including 2017.

FNZC has been active under various names for more than 50 years and has a formal strategic alliance with Credit Suisse, a global financial institution, a relationship that has existed for more than 20 years. You can find out more about FNZC at www.fnzc.co.nz .

*FNZC is not a New Zealand registered bank

For more information

If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact us on 0800 805 777 or visit www.anzsecurities.co.nz.

Yours sincerely

Tim Olphert
    Managing Principal
    ANZ New Zealand Securities Limited

James Lee
    Chief Executive Officer
    First NZ Capital Securities Limited

www.anzsecurities.co.nz

Advanced Member

That probably means I will streamline my broking needs and switch over to ASB Securities so I have a one-stop-shop for all my finances.

Banned

Shouldn't see much change from an operational viewpoint, they will have to remain competitive on brokerage, or they will lose customers to ASB(At the moment ASB are 50% dearer on a significant trade, 0.3% versus 0.2% with ANZ)
    Last edited by couta1; 20-11-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Hmmmm... -going back to the "original" name - Direct Broking , which is what it was called when I joined them. I use them and ASB to keep some things separate.

Banned

I see ASB charge $2 for a paper contract note currently, that's daylight robbery, I get all my contract notes in paper form from ANZ at no cost.

I just have to ask why you get a paper copy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I just have to ask why you get a paper copy
    I'm old school, I like physical hard copies, I've run my small business accounts without a computer for 27yrs(Just an income plus expenditure book) I do all my tax returns online however nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm old school, I like physical hard copies, I've run my small business accounts without a computer for 27yrs(Just an income plus expenditure book) I do all my tax returns online however nowdays.
    Print out the email, there's your hard copy, that's what I do, still costs a lot less than $2 a copy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Print out the email, there's your hard copy, that's what I do, still costs a lot less than $2 a copy
    It's costs me nothing at ANZ, I don't use ASB and this is another reason why not, besides their brokerage being 50% dearer.

I didn't even get an email regarding this, reading it for the first time here