sharetrader
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Looks like it is back now ,I had the same problem

Have read the memo t. This is for a family trust which currently does not have any exposure on the ASX and may not do for a awhile yet. So it involves getting all trustees ID'd etc. Just a pain in the proverbial really

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Have read the memo t. This is for a family trust which currently does not have any exposure on the ASX and may not do for a awhile yet. So it involves getting all trustees ID'd etc. Just a pain in the proverbial really
    Yes a right PITA. Surely all the info held by ANZ Securities/ Direct (The old one) should be available to them. Even when Direct took over the clients of Access Brokerage there was no requirement to repeat all the ID rubbish. It was seamless change at the time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Yes a right PITA. Surely all the info held by ANZ Securities/ Direct (The old one) should be available to them. Even when Direct took over the clients of Access Brokerage there was no requirement to repeat all the ID rubbish. It was seamless change at the time.
    I was involved with that process. Round about that time 2005-2006 things started getting a lot tighter regulatory wise. (Direct Broking got a "compliance officer" on board etc)I think it has got worse since then too. Cannot really blame Direct/ANZ/FNC for complying with the law as much of a pain in the ass as it is.

True blackcap, banks are the same I think.
    But as 777 says, why can't we just carry on and they can update overtime, after all we didn't ask them to sell the broking side, but then again ANZ themselves may have had to do this in any event in time.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

As long as New Zealand has no reliable system for proving identity, the compliance gnomes will continue to proliferate.

Ineffective, unimaginative, box-ticking at it's worst.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    As long as New Zealand has no reliable system for proving identity, the compliance gnomes will continue to proliferate.

Ineffective, unimaginative, box-ticking at it's worst.
    Agree. This is a ridiculous process. Took me ages to work out what info was ĻincompleteĻ for myself and the other Trustee on our family Trust. Turned out the type of driverīs licence was missing. The number of the driverīs licence was there but not the type. Doh.
    What happened about that RealMe thingy ? Why isnīt everyone made to have some form of electronic ID that can be easily and quickly used, as is becoming common overseas ? Time to get into the 21st Century

This whoel ID thing is driving me nuts. I've been through it so many times in the past years there are hours if not days of my life I will never get back. Shouldn't my IRD number do?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    This whoel ID thing is driving me nuts. I've been through it so many times in the past years there are hours if not days of my life I will never get back. Shouldn't my IRD number do?
    The legal requirements FNZC has no choice but to operate within say no.

Default Direct Broking will deduct a margin from interest

The FCNZ T&Cs mention that FCNZ will take a cut (as yet unspecified) of the interest paid on the [transferred] Cash Management Account:

7.8.1 The rate of gross interest paid to you on money held on your behalf in the Cash Management Account(s) does not equal the interest paid to FNZC on amounts in the Cash Management Accounts. Instead, the interest paid to you on money held on your behalf in the Cash Management Accounts reflects a margin deducted and retained by FNZC from the rate of interest that is paid to FNZC by the bank as the holder of the Cash Management Account on behalf of clients (the Margin)
    I have looked at the ANZ Securities T&Cs and cannot find an equivalent fee.

Does anyone else have a concern with that arrangement?