sharetrader
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pike River Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Peters may well be the first if it gets that far, in a ceremonial way. I cant think of an elderly man actually going all the way. I remember Bernie Monk or some of the families saying more than once that reentry was possible according to expert advice.But National ignored them.
    Backtracking already for Peters?

Not surprising as you have been busy backtracking up for Ardern who stands by her commitments and who is all talk ... oops, I mean by her own words, all action!

BTW, just for the record - who are the experts that Ardern and Peters refer to? Why the change of heart about using other consultants - surely there is no need to spend any more money as the experts are so trusted by the families, Little, Ardern & Peters?
    Last edited by Balance; 19-02-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Advanced Member

The worst part of this all is that it toys with the emotions of the families who have already been through hell. Using the situation, when you have no knowledge of mining for political point-scoring is disgraceful.

Everyone would like for the bodies to be recovered, but not at the risk of the safety of others.

Wouldn't be the first U-turn/broken promise by the new government, nor the last.

Update Ready To Install

What U turn?

What U turn?
    1 billion trees.

Last edited by Balance; 19-02-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Update Ready To Install

That is a U Turn from balance par excellence.

That is a U Turn from balance par excellence.
    Out of the mouth of babes!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...share_btn_link

Is he saying this for the second time? Three strikes and you're out mate.

Imagine Headline: "Acting PM and others blown apart at mine re-entry tragedy"

If this is the only way we can retire him then maybe it will have to be.

Update Ready To Install

Good publicity righting the wrongs.

Advanced Member

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/106...g-in-australia

For once I agree with Winnie - would have been better not to say anything. I suppose in that position have to rationalise and live with it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

For once I agree with Winnie - would have been better not to say anything. I suppose in that position have to rationalise and live with it somehow.
    Winston and Jacinda have played and mined the dead miners' families for votes during the last election so whatever he says, is really of no consequence.

They both stated that they agreed with overseas experts that the mine was safe to enter but then, commission the $10m (so far) budgeted expenditure to determine whether the mine is safe to enter.

Two ****ers, that's what Winston and Jacinda are.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Winston and Jacinda have played and mined the dead miners' families for votes during the last election so whatever he says, is really of no consequence.

They both stated that they agreed with overseas experts that the mine was safe to enter but then, commission the $10m (so far) budgeted expenditure to determine whether the mine is safe to enter.

I agree and the only left interesting about this is when Winston leads the others to retrieve the bodies even just for another publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

Withall says ""Because I don't know what happened. To this day nobody has told me what happened. Nobody knows, that's why the families want to go underground. People have theories but nobody actually knows,"

Well Peter. I can tell you. Your mine blew up. Thats what happened. Simple as really.

The deeper question is "Why did the mine blow up". Again a relatively simple answer. Under your management methane levels were allowed to get to a point where they became explosive. Then someone allowed an ignition source. Might have been an act or an admission. Bu it was done on your watch.

But of course I wouldn't expect him to feel guilt. I wouldn't expect that level of self awareness from someone who kept driving a mine in unsafe conditions.

To be fair though, it was what he inherited from Ward and co.

They are no doubt thankful for Australia. A bolt hole to go and hide their sorry asses. A country just right for them - founded on criminals. They will be amongst their kinsfolk.

But they can rest easy. Jacinda and Winston (and that enabler Andrew Little - he shouldn't be too fast to uncover things. Useless union delegate that he was) are unlikely to allow any exploration/recovery into the mine. I think we'll find the drift is a far as they go. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

How low can you go balance?. Maybe in in a rest home run by Whittle as you deserve each other imo.

"The re-entry programme could lead to further criminal investigation and prosecution," he said. "This Government is determined to follow through. This is a disaster and tragedy that didn't need to happen, it happened because of mismanagement and he was the centre of that.
    "This is unfinished business, not only for the families but for this Government as well."

Guru

How low can you go balance?. Maybe in in a rest home run by Whittle as you deserve each other imo.

"The re-entry programme could lead to further criminal investigation and prosecution," he said. "This Government is determined to follow through. This is a disaster and tragedy that didn't need to happen, it happened because of mismanagement and he was the centre of that.
    "This is unfinished business, not only for the families but for this Government as well."

I think you might have those blinkers on again there JT. Balance is absolutely right. Cindy and Winston played with the families for votes. Nothing lower than this.

There wont be any criminal prosecution. Jacinda wont want them looking too closely - it was under Labour that the Mines Inspectorate got run down.

Andrew Little wont want them looking too closely. He was union boss who backed Piek to the hilt.

Winston Peters wont investigate - hes not even capable of investigating his own bank accounts to see if his superannuation payments are all OK.

Police wont investigate too deeply as it will expose their mismanagement of a crime scene. Which Pike obviously was on 19 November 2010.

Vital evidence held on computer hard drives and mobile phones has disappeared due to WorkSafe incompetence. Anything in the mine wil be blown up.

At best they may find a bone or two.

Update Ready To Install

Can i borrow you tardus? Maybe we should employ you and balance to solve the crime. Shall we call you The Double BB Sensing Supreme Crime Team. What true players you are, how about something beginning with p as your first sensing clue, great stuff

I wonder how many NZOG shareholders / Directors feel any "guilt". I suspect none. Coal at all costs was the mantra. They lead . Ward and Withall will follow. Little wil cheerlead on the side. Adern and Peters still doing what they can to get the most capital

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    There wont be any criminal prosecution. Jacinda wont want them looking too closely - it was under Labour that the Mines Inspectorate got run down.

Andrew Little wont want them looking too closely. He was union boss who backed Piek to the hilt.

Winston Peters wont investigate - hes not even capable of investigating his own bank accounts to see if his superannuation payments are all OK.

Police wont investigate too deeply as it will expose their mismanagement of a crime scene. Which Pike obviously was on 19 November 2010.

Vital evidence held on computer hard drives and mobile phones has disappeared due to WorkSafe incompetence. Anything in the mine wil be blown up.

All very good points...especially the first one. Helen wanted a new walking track into the wilderness from Blackball over the Paparoas to the West Coast. This one was to start with a Pike shareholder funded super highway . It was intended to be used for recreational activity 25 years after opening of the mine , but its been delivered earlier than budgeted. A tradgedy but will form a wonderful memorial. Mr Little should be Big enough to point to it and draw the line. Carrying on with this shambles is a waste of time and money. The opportunty is now there to create many tourist related jobs based on this track alone. Monk should spent his energies on helping develop peoples minds to embrace these.

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

Been using your tardus again too, how many people can yours hold? Try going back to when john key was on the scene and check his puff pieces and promises. Just one more negative politicised rant imo.

Been using your tardus again too, how many people can yours hold? Try going back to when john key was on the scene and check his puff pieces and promises. Just one more negative politicised rant imo.
    Dont need a tardus - just go back and look how many times Pike asked NOG for more cash to fix things up that went wrong.

One way in and out. Who would ever have thought there would be a problem with that?

What brains trust was behind a ventilation shaft being used as a means of emergency evacuation?

As for John Key - agree he didn't shower himself in glory. Arguably he got caught up in the emotion at the timewhen he said "The first thing is I’m here to give you absolute reassurance, we’re committed to getting the boys out, and nothing’s going to change that. So – when people try and tell you we’re not, they’re playing, I hate to say it, but they’re playing with your emotions."

Adern and Peters had the benefit of hindsight when making their promises