sharetrader
Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Guru

Default Bitcoin

Anyone own bitcoin? its up nearly $8000 in last 2 weeks lol

anyway if ya didnt know you dont have to mine it only to own it there are numerous ways to own it now.

one way i found was thru gbtc - bitcoin investment trust you can own it and short it anyway it trades at a premium to bitcoin and because bitcoin has gone up so much , it really is only for real risk takers huge swings everyday.

soon you can trade it by futures when the contract launches.

probably other ways to own it anyone know other ways?
    bull

I've used Trading212.com

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    However you're not buying bitcoins directly but cfds. As well there are a suite of other crytocurrencies that you can trade. There's a lot of training videos etc to help. I did a test run and opened an account with €5000 to test it out. Had no issues with trades and withdrawals were done within 2 working days. As always dyor!
    Thanks for that YAH. I had a look and am interested. I never know with such sites if they are reputable or not or if they have good backing and liquidity. So its good to get some feedback. Looking to short a few crypto's but would rather through the purchase of a long dated put as this bull run on bitcoin could go on for some time due to limited supply and supply constraints.

If you think share trading is stressful, crytocurriency trading is on a whole new level! Lots of sleepless nights with your holding swinging in value up and down as these markets operate 24hrs! You can make a lot of money but so can you lose a lot if you pick the wrong direction.

Guru

yea can do it thru ig markets as well , guess the beauty of not owning the bitcoin itself is i dont have to worry about losing the key
    bull

They also have a demo account you can trial $10,000 with.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yea can do it thru ig markets as well , guess the beauty of not owning the bitcoin itself is i dont have to worry about losing the key
    Thats interesting. Have not looked there for a bit. Have an account with them so might just dust off the cover as it were. THanks.

I'm staying away from all crypto's. Reckon its nuts. Read somewhere there are now over 1000 different crypto currencies. Starting to sound like a flooded market place. A electrician I know is trading 100k at any one time and she dosnt even know what a moving average is.

Good luck to all who are in too win.

I'm very good at loosing money on shares. I imagine I would excel in the Crypto world.

Guru

yes some people will lose bad thats for sure , anyway what really caught my attention was when the chinese started really clamping down on capital leaving the country then i noticed bitcoin starting to move more strongly as bitcoin is anonomous it made sense to me the chinese would move big into this to get money out of the country anyway that was my theory at the end of day who cares as long as its in your favour lol
    bull

And just so posters are aware - there are already loads of Crypt threads in Sharetrader forums - nearly as many as there are cryptocurrencies

Advanced Member

If there is ever a government sanctioned, regulated and legal bitcoin market, then I'll consider it, however until then I'll stay away.

Trying to get outta here

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    I'm staying away from all crypto's. Reckon its nuts. Read somewhere there are now over 1000 different crypto currencies. Starting to sound like a flooded market place. A electrician I know is trading 100k at any one time and she dosnt even know what a moving average is.

Good luck to all who are in too win.
    When everyone including the naieve start piling into anything because it's going to be better than sliced bread, stay away.

$2k currently in ETH and LTE (expecting not to get it back). With the big rush of ICO's I can see an imminent crash, in saying that, I think there a few which will do really well commercially with large projects kicking off with NAB (blockchain - smart contracts).

The concept of Crypto being valued like Art is quite fascinating, people piling in because of Hype. No backed assets, Hype, as couta1 says above.

Guru

Good discussion on crypto on ZB this morning (now)