sharetrader
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 806

Thread: Bitcoin

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Yep, Leighton is talking about it.

    I haven't paid Bitcoin much notice really - maybe I should? My major concern would be, if you make a nice gain of even just $1,000 on your initial outlay, how quickly can you realise this into cash?

  2. #17
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by When the bass drops View Post
    Yep, Leighton is talking about it.
    We've got to be getting close to the tipping point now

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    242

    Default

    You know its a crazy subject when some futurists believe the price of a bitcoin will climb even as high as $500,000

    I think the rule should be only to buy in with $ you can afford to lose, however I'm open to learning more about it and having my misconceptions changed.

  4. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15

    Default

    BTC spiked on Coinbase this morning at +/- $20k USD. Looking at the charts there is a significant divergence in price between exchanges. No doubt the bots are looking at arbitrage between each of these
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by causecelebre; 08-12-2017 at 09:27 AM.

  5. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    BTC spiked on Coinbase this morning at +/- $20k USD. Looking at the charts there is a significant divergence in price between exchanges. No doubt the bots are looking at arbitrage between each of these
    huge variations for sure - anyway at the end of day we dont even know which ones cypto currencies will survive.

    sunday night a big night when futures launch

    if we go off last few days should be up another $2000 tonight lol
    Last edited by bull....; 08-12-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    bull

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    huge variations for sure - anyway at the end of day we dont even know which ones cypto currencies will survive.

    sunday night a big night when futures launch

    if we go off last few days should be up another $2000 tonight lol
    Yes will be very interesting to see how the new products affect the price. NASDAQ and Tokyo Finance Exchange also. There will be plenty of opportunity for the miners to start taking short positions. I read yesterday that the ASX has committed to replace CHESS with blockchain

  7. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    asx first exchange to go into blockchain, blockchain tech will disrupt many business i reckon be like the event of the internet.

    notice gold is selling off as bitcoin rises? could this be the death of gold as a hedge
    bull

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Mods move this to off market discussions?

  9. #24
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Mods move this to off market discussions?
    As suggested in Post #11. Theres load of discussions on Crypts. People need to use the search function

  10. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    up $1000 / 1 bitcoin as of this morning
    bull

  11. #26
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Christchurch, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,715

    Default

    hey buddy way to go...
    yup its mean eah...
    mate got a few tips for you... you know about tether? usdt?.... tether is fixed to the American dollar so you buy dollar in dollar out and if bitcoin falls you protect the downswing...
    I sold bitcoin just before... it was like $18400 then it fell slowly to $17700 .. some of the moving averages got broken and then we sold it fell to $16500....
    wondering what to do next...
    with the growth of bitcoin of 90ish billion in a week that altcoins are due a big push...
    so im getting back my alts and will decide what to do after that...
    Cryptocurrency holdings in utrust cardano and power ledger... ripple... neo.... .....LOCI ...
    Market capitalisation 130billion...
    Coinmarketcap.com

  12. #27
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    399

    Default Sing-a-long song for Friday



    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

  13. #28
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post


    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Lovely song, I get the general gist of it but will have to wait till my wife gets home to do a word for word translation into english.

  14. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    hey buddy way to go...
    yup its mean eah...
    mate got a few tips for you... you know about tether? usdt?.... tether is fixed to the American dollar so you buy dollar in dollar out and if bitcoin falls you protect the downswing...
    I sold bitcoin just before... it was like $18400 then it fell slowly to $17700 .. some of the moving averages got broken and then we sold it fell to $16500....
    wondering what to do next...
    with the growth of bitcoin of 90ish billion in a week that altcoins are due a big push...
    so im getting back my alts and will decide what to do after that...
    day trade thats the only way for me , i wouldnt be able to sleep with the swings at the moment on this.

    anyway its looking like rolling over?
    bull

  15. #30
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    399

    Red face Thought you would have this in your record collection

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Lovely song, I get the general gist of it but will have to wait till my wife gets home to do a word for word translation into english.
    Not a direct translation but the 'English' version:


    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •