sharetrader
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    around 13000 the all time mthly highs , be interesting if we get there by end of week
    There little to no resistance between here and 20k, and no sign of it slowing down.
    I'm 95% BTC right now and pretty happy I am. I'll just keep adjusting my s/l up with the market, what goes up must come down.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paddles View Post
    There little to no resistance between here and 20k, and no sign of it slowing down.
    I'm 95% BTC right now and pretty happy I am. I'll just keep adjusting my s/l up with the market, what goes up must come down.
    I make no predictions on where any of them are going to get to on this run.
    Just hope to correctly spot the peak and react in good time.

No BTC.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

at the highs as i type over 13k , i was thinking by end of the week. anyway getting into over brought territory now on the rsi which normally means at some stage a down draft. maybe next mth? for a day or 2 lol

i was thinking chinese money behind the rise but this could be as well .... the halving

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/25/bitc...aboolainternal
    Last edited by bull....; 27-06-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    bull

Guru

had a quick nap just seen bitcoin crashed $2000 not long after i mentioned it was over brought and primed for a fall. phew lucky timing. this volatilty reminds me of the good old days of up all night with lots of coffee and chocolate
    bull

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    had a quick nap just seen bitcoin crashed $2000 not long after i mentioned it was over brought and primed for a fall. phew lucky timing. this volatilty reminds me of the good old days of up all night with lots of coffee and chocolate
    Nice call bull. Bouncing back strongly.
    This kind of growth is always going to get volatile.

Guru

Nice call bull. Bouncing back strongly.
    This kind of growth is always going to get volatile.
    i agree volatile it will be , im out for a while after last night the swings are getting huge again just as easliy lose your pants when its like this.
    bull

Guru

as saying yesterday your lose pants if you were still in and here we are down $2000 odd not pretty right across the cypto spectrum
    bull

it did almost exactly a 61.8% retracement !
    BTC28-06-2019.JPG
    Last edited by peat; 28-06-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    it did almost exactly a 61.8% retracement !
    BTC28-06-2019.JPG
    was another warning , bitcoin still taking a beating at the moment since that high spike
    bull

Guru

still taking a beating. my comments about take a break was wise in hindsight
    bull

Kicking around the $10K mark, and maybe in a bit of a decline.

Anyway, currently in Yerevan where I spotted a Bitcoin leaflet on the shelf in a tour operators.
    Picked it up for a browse while waiting and it suggested such things as 'Bitcoin being the perfect gift' and other weird notions!

Anyway someone notified someone that someone had picked up a leaflet as I was promptly accosted, in a fairly polite way, by this guy who runs the local crypto operation round the corner.

A brief conversation and he discovers I am programmer who knows what a trend is, then a few bottles of Armenian wine later (they have lots of grape varieties in this part of the world that I have never previously heard of before) and he and his friends are asking for input to improve their crypto trading algorithms.

I think I explained the law of diminishing returns to them satisfactorily before I left.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post

Anyway, currently in Yerevan where I spotted a Bitcoin leaflet on the shelf in a tour operators.
    Picked it up for a browse while waiting and it suggested such things as 'Bitcoin being the perfect gift' and other weird notions!

Anyway someone notified someone that someone had picked up a leaflet as I was promptly accosted, in a fairly polite way, by this guy who runs the local crypto operation round the corner.

A brief conversation and he discovers I am programmer who knows what a trend is, then a few bottles of Armenian wine later (they have lots of grape varieties in this part of the world that I have never previously heard of before) and he and his friends are asking for input to improve their crypto trading algorithms.

I think I explained the law of diminishing returns to them satisfactorily before I left.
    Stay here
    Drink beer.

Guru

consolidating around the 38% level of the recent highs

Branson-backed cryptocurrency firm launches a super-fast exchange to take on Coinbase

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/30/bitc...-coinbase.html
    bull

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post

That's a really cool story Snow Leopard although it would have sounded better from an optimist rather than a pessimist.

I think you will find a better lesson on diminishing returns in just about any fiat currency than bitcoin.

That's a really cool story Snow Leopard although it would have sounded better from an optimist rather than a pessimist.

I think you will find a better lesson on diminishing returns in just about any fiat currency than bitcoin.
    For the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with the Law of Diminishing Returns [look it up] especially as applied to the field of Software Development (where it is also known as Brook's Law [again, look it up]) basically what I was referring to was the fact that whilst putting in a certain amount of effort get you (say) half way, doubling the effort does not get you the whole way, but (say) three quarters of the way, and tripling it still leaves you short of perfection.

Or if you are familiar with the 80/20 rule then whilst 80% of the problem takes 20% of the effort to solve the other 80% of effort enables you to solve most of, but not all of, the remaining problem.

So to put this in to context of getting lightly inebriated in a computer filled basement in Yerevan there comes a point where trying to improve on what you have is a, at best, pointless exercise and these guys seemed to be there already and I believe I convinced them that further meddling was probably counter-productive.

Meanwhile I am now in Azerbaijan where they also do some pretty good wines made from grape varieties which are once more new to me, Bitcoin is currently on the up and the algorithmic traders of Yerevan will be making money.

And so am I.
    om mani peme hum