sharetrader

Threaded View

Default 2018 yearly stock picking competition

I am sorry that I have not set this up earlier. I have had alot of things on my mind.
    Could the moderator please make this a sticky.

Do we need to tweek the rules again? I have had no complaints over the year since we set these ones.

1 - no stocks under 1c will be accepted.
    2 - Dividends will be added to return.
    3 - 5 stock picks only.
    4 - no options etc.
    5 - each stock pick will have a weighting of $10,000 (20% of portfolio)... ($50,000 in total for portfolio)...
    so performance can be posted in percentage returns, and/or $ returns.
    6 - entries close at midnight sunday 14th January 2018.
    7 - entry price is the higher of the first-traded price from the day following you posting your selections and the first traded price
    on the first trading day of the year. This discourages late comers from optimising their entry price during the 2 week grace period.
    8 - if one of your picks hasn’t listed or is in suspension at the start of year we will just take the first traded price on the day that it lists or comes out of suspension.
    9 - takeovers will result in a new pick to the contestant, at the adjusted rate.
    10. at any time a ticker may be converted to cash but must be bought back into before the end of the year - same ticker.
    if in cash when suspended or taken over or otherwise unavailable by year end : cash. may not be swapped for another ticker

.If we are going to do the prizes again for 2018, Are we happy to use the same account - ASB savings call account with nil costs - 12-3405-0035299-50 name JBmurc.

go for it guys - make your picks
    Last edited by jennym; 17-12-2017 at 12:28 PM.