sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Guess the value of NZX50 on the last day of 2018

Lets do some predictions to see how wrong we are at the end of 2018 and laugh at our crystal ball gazing abilities!(given I laugh at market predictors all the time anyways so maybe I should laugh at myself too)

I still think there will be strength in a lot of industries, however some of the gains in NZX50 have been skewed slightly because of the over performance of select few like ATM and AIR which really pushes up an index with less shares. I'm hoping we come to our senses a little bit with some of the valuations in the market but who knows, this bull has surprised me.

There is one more day left in 2017 for trading (and an abbreviated trading day), but we are at 8,364 reflecting about a 20% gain in 2017 which has been an unbelievable result.

My guess is 9122

Winner gets a good old chocolate fish

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    Lets do some predictions to see how wrong we are at the end of 2018 and laugh at our crystal ball gazing abilities!(given I laugh at market predictors all the time anyways so maybe I should laugh at myself too)

I still think there will be strength in a lot of industries, however some of the gains in NZX50 have been skewed slightly because of the over performance of select few like ATM and AIR which really pushes up an index with less shares. I'm hoping we come to our senses a little bit with some of the valuations in the market but who knows, this bull has surprised me.

There is one more day left in 2017 for trading (and an abbreviated trading day), but we are at 8,364 reflecting about a 20% gain in 2017 which has been an unbelievable result.

My guess is 9122

Winner gets a good old chocolate fish
    My guess - 8650

Missed by that much

I'll be a bit more optimistic at 9999

Stock market crash coming, I'd say 2500

10,122 THL, OCA, HLG will all do well (I Hope)

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

I will go 9375...

10,000 exactly.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

AWOL

Ill do an outlier: 13750.
    Always positive, you know me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    Stock market crash coming, I'd say 2500

It is highly unlikely that it will hit 2500. It may drop to 5000 during next two years.
    In a worst case scenario, it may drop to 4000.At least it may drop below 8000 and it may reach 7000 or 6000 by the end of 2018. Investors who fare best in 2018 will be selective, with a focus on high quality (strong balance sheets). Stock pickers will have a chance to shine. Value investors will have more chance. Overlooked stocks could be the best bet. In short, I am bearish but see opportunity in overlooked stocks and overlooked markets in 2018.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 25-12-2017 at 10:42 PM.

9450 as the good times roll... the good times will never come to an end right guys?