sharetrader
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

Membaa

Baa baa baa 2017 🤑🍾, baa baa baa Christmas 🎄, baa baa baa New Year 🎉.

😊
    BAA

Default Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr!

Merry Christmas to everybody on this forum, but especially to
    • the many posters on here who provide with their posts food for thought and help me and others this way to become better investors
    • the experts on this forum who freely share their knowledge and expertise with us
    • the active investors who work either in the NZSA or in ad hoc groups with other investors and boards and make NZ a better place to invest
    • the posters who use the political threads for constructive discussions respecting democratic principles (no matter whether we agree or not - you need always both sides for a fruitful discussion). People like you give life to our democracy and make NZ a better place to live
    • to the Trump and BREXIT supporters. While you might feel currently miserable and lonely in your imploding bubble ... life goes on, and they say there is always an opportunity for redemption ; There are so many more good people outside your bubble - just find the courage and take the leap ...

From an investors perspective - this was the best year for me since I make a living from my investments (and I couldn't really complain about the years before either ); From a citizens perspective - I am glad that at least our (local) democracy still works, and while I am no big fan of the new government - I do see as well the good things they are doing. Not worried about New Zealand. All the best to the new government!

Taking a more international perspective - while we are used to have crooks and scumbags as leaders of many banana (and other) republics, it hurts to see what once used to be the leader of the free world competing with the scum for the lowest level of decency. It hurts as well to see a once flourishing UK so busy to support their rednecks and political liars that they forget to do whats good for their people. Division instead of unity appears to be the theme of the year - these are developments which worry me.

They say it is darkest before dawn ... lets hope that this is NOW. We don't need still more selfish idiots and populists destroying the fabric of our western society, but we need more democrats and decent people to run the world. And we need the free world to grow and to stand together instead of one big bully destroying it all - supported by his crooked friends.

Lets hope for a better 2018 and strive together against corruption, populism, stupidity and for a better and more decent world for our children and grandchildren!

Happy New Year everybody! There always is hope!
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 22-12-2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: fixing typos
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Baa baa baa 2017 , baa baa baa Christmas , baa baa baa New Year .

BAA
    "Have you been in the baa Baa Baa" he asked, sheepishly.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 22-12-2017 at 08:09 PM. Reason: comma insertion mode

Merry Christmas to all, I have enjoyed the entertainment as well as the insights...financially its been a crazy good year..feel more lucky that ever that i get to visit the US and Europe constantly for work however I do get to come home, back to NZ, which has so much to offer..very thankful indeed :-)

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Merry Christmas all. Has been great to join this forum and actually contribute something. I echo Black Peter's sentiment - so many good and clever people on here, have really enjoyed it.

Outside thinking.

Happy Christmas Sharetraders.

It’s been 4 years that I’ve been stalking this forum and I have lots to be thankful for.

· Thanks for living in a great wee democracy, where like this forum, everyone has a point of view worth considering
    · Thanks for pointing out investments that I might have otherwise not considered
    · Thanks for warning me away from questionable investments, IPO’s and directors
    · Thanks for teaching me the tricks of Financial and Trend Analysis
    · Thanks for making me question what I thought was the best investment ever
    · Thanks for a changing my short-term trading to long-term investment
    · Thanks for the ‘Trend is my Friend’
    · Thanks for “ride the trend - till the bend in the end’
    · Thanks for the fabulous stock picking competition
    · Thanks for introducing me to the wisdom of Ben Graham, Warren Buffet, Jim Slater, NZSA and others
    · Thanks for greatly improving my financial security and literacy – even in retirement

Thanks to you all, and here’s to another exciting year in 2019.

Happy Christmas Friends!

What a year eh?

Mixed bag for me....Lost money in IQE and WYN but with some good financial analysis with the likes of snoopy,couta,beagle and BP(except MPG lol) and of course winner and balance...I have cleared my losses with your sound wisdom.Thanks all!

Cant wait for an exciting and fruitful 2018.

P.S-I am no one to advice any of you but please.... avoid Bitcoin...(Disc-Never ventured on it)

Merry Christmas to all the sharetraders and especially to Percy who had some good tips and advice for me through the year which I greatly appreciate. It has been a good year and let's hope that the rising tides continue to lift all "well positioned" boats in 2018

Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year to everyone here! Thank you for all your valuable posts.

Dilettante

Merry Christmas and a happy, prosperous year to all. 2017 has been a cracker and let’s hope for more in the new year

Thanks for all the great posts, debates and light banter.