sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Member

My experiences with buying individual US stocks is that for 99% of people it is probably not worth the hassle. There are enough decent potential investments in this part of the world, and tax etc can be a bit of a headache when dealing with US equities. Plus if you happen to die when holding them it is not so easy for your relatives to deal with.
    Those wanting exposure to a range of quality US stocks would probably do better with an Australian listed fund such as MMF or ETF/smartshares
    Last edited by ratkin; 13-07-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Okay, so my money got credited and my account was fully opened at tradestation. A few more legal bits of e-paperwork had to be filled out and then the software downloaded, and installed. But first you have to choose your datafeed subscriptions. By default it comes with US$125/month of data feeds preselected. I'm not going to be trading, just buying so i turned most of them off and down to US$3/month, just realtime basic feeds for NYSE, NASDAQ and one other for $1/month each. Going to take a while to sort out how to use the app. certianly looks like it has all the bells and whistles for trading, charting, writing options etc.