sharetrader
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Afterpay Touch (APT) - An Absolute Screamer

Livewire has Afterpay as its most tipped stock for 2018.

10 Most Tipped Stocks for 2018

I like AfterPay, I think it is an absolute screamer. It’s got a billion dollar market cap, they’ve got 40% EPS growth this year, 50% EPS growth next year, and multiples going beyond that. They’ve only scratched the surface on the number of clients that will sign up, and only scratched the surface of what they will do globally. This company is going to do very, very well over the next three years.
    The Australian also has a good backgrounder article on Afterpay.

Share price is up over 200% since listing 7 months ago and lots of good news was released yesterday. Record sales, customers and a potential entry into the US etc.

Anyone in on this one?

I have a few of these. Insane levels of take up in Australia and the US launch is looking promising. Customers are huge advocates for this product.

Some risk around regulation and a fairly high premium already baked into the SP but I think long term this could be a good pick.

Up 20% today on a bullish update and almost doubled since this thread started.

Take up has been high, 2m active customers in Aus and NZ. Expensive, but if they crack the US market guess the sky is the limit?

IMO

Thanks for posting Jaa,a double bagger since jan, more fool most of us for not following up it seems.

Has anyone been acquiring at the current price?

I'm surprised by the lack of discussion on this one. Bit late to the part myself but have just placed an order. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

IMO

One of those stocks in the deadzone of investors mindsets including mine ala missed the boat sorta drama. But hell even the Global economic investment newsletter (latest issue out now) guru John Ryder has got it in his portfolio now. a lot more upside expected here.

Funny isn't it JT? It was literally the most tipped stock for the year back in January. Also didn't get on board thinking I was too late. A triple bagger since then now!

The afterpay model seems to work, consumers love it but always seemed easy to copy to me. What is their competitive advantage? Retailer distribution and that customers already have an account?

Is anyone here familiar with the Afterpay share purchase plan offer?

I'm holding APT shares and was on the record date..... Am I free to sell these shares now (at high $17's) and then use that money to purchase the offered shares at $17.05?

Or am I breaking some sort of rule? I have read the document and it does not appear to limit this action but someone once told me if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    Is anyone here familiar with the Afterpay share purchase plan offer?

I'm holding APT shares and was on the record date..... Am I free to sell these shares now (at high $17's) and then use that money to purchase the offered shares at $17.05?

Or am I breaking some sort of rule? I have read the document and it does not appear to limit this action but someone once told me if it seems too good to be true it probably is.
    I am expecting it will be scaled, so there is a game to be played of how much you want to apply for and how much you will get.
    Stick to the strategy