sharetrader
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Wow people...
    Huge huge news..
    And even bigger than all of that is upon acquired, afterpay will accept bitcoin !!!

https://cryptopotato.com/jack-dorsey...oin-purchases/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    An absolute screamer indeed and a 17 bagger since I started this thread....

We can't even say it was hidden, literally the most tipped stock back then in January 2018.

Always seemed too expensive to me
    Congrats Jaa, 17 bagger not to be laughed at, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Congrats Jaa, 17 bagger not to be laughed at, well done.
    I wish mate, unfortunately I never invested.

Lesson learnt, if you are confident enough in a company to recommend it to a friend or start a ShareTrader thread then you should also invest!

Advanced Member

''New Zealanders are being asked to share their experiences with Buy-Now, Pay-Later products as the Government explores if more needs to be done to mitigate the risk of consumer harm, Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, David Clark said today.''

Discussion doc and survey links at the below site. Members of this site are not the main target of the consultation, but 'interested parties' are allowed to submit. So why not?

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/c...r-consultation

I dont mind folk making dosh...but can you guys appreciate ....well the ultimate result of rampant irresponsible spending of a significant percentage of the population.Like do you guys actually care ....cheers troy.Like what about past examples/ramifications of excessive debt in an enviornment of rising interest rates....just saying.
    Last edited by troyvdh; 06-11-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    I wish mate, unfortunately I never invested.

Lesson learnt, if you are confident enough in a company to recommend it to a friend or start a ShareTrader thread then you should also invest!
    Yes, lessons to be learnt. Unfortunately I never invested either, although I thought about it when it was around $15 - $30. I would never have believed it would go to $160 as it did in January 2021. It listed on 29/06/2017.

I noticed that Afterpay had the highest value on ASX yesterday $2,430,197K, 10x normal value. It was the last day of trading as Lanai (AU) 2 Pty Ltd, a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Block, Inc., will acquire all of the issued shares in APT. It closed at $66.47

Xero was another one where I learnt a lesson. I sold around $30, and then it went to $156.65. Now $117.72.
    Prices go further than expected both up and down. I know about the down ones, and I am not so good at predicting and believing in the up ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    This seems like a very long way of saying that there is a lot of growth from US and UK priced in. If that growth doesn't happen then APT will be worth less than it currently is.

At $28 where the SP is right now, I feel like the market is pricing in this growth as a near certainty. I liked it at $10 and on a good day maybe $20 but at $30 I struggle to see much future SP growth even as the company grows.

As a ballpark, I reckon APT need to be processing maybe $30 billion of payments per year (say within 5 years) to justify today's market cap of $6.7B. Currently they are doing $3.5B. Is there 10x growth available to them? Who knows. And can they keep taking 4% margin as time goes on?

I think if you're valuing APT at $500m then I don't think you're pricing in any future growth at all, but pricing it at $6.7B (market cap) isn't pricing in any chance of failure either.
    Posted on 07-05-2019, and it was $160 six months later. Prices do go further than expected.
    I have just read the entire thread, which is fairly short. Interesting to see the different views with hindsight. Many did not invest because they were sceptical and missed out on large gains. Certainly there are lessons to be learnt. I notice that some of the companies that do really well like MFT, Xero and APT have very few comments on ST.
    Market cap is 20bn now.

https://www.startupdaily.net/2021/08...llion-in-fy21/
    Afterpay sales doubled to $21 billion in FY21, so it exceeded expectations.

Afterpay...For what it is worth ...I believe the business model is cheap and nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Afterpay...For what it is worth ...I believe the business model is cheap and nasty.
    I haven’t used Afterpay but I can see the advantages. I know people who have used it to purchase household items and it makes budgeting easier spreading it over four payments. These people did not overcommit. It has its good points. It is a blessing for some people, especially those on a low income such as NZS with no savings. Many people do live from payday to payday. I don’t think it is a good/bad situation. It certainly has been embraced by merchants and consumers, as you can see from its growth. With only four payments it does cater mainly for lower priced items, so I guess you could say it is cheap in that sense.

moka...Im sorry but I have to disagree with almost everything you said.