sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vanadium the next Lithium

The recent gains in Australian Vanadium producer shares suggests that the use of VRB Vanadium Redox batteries is on the rise. They are far superior to Lithium iron batteries with a 20 year life. Not suited for EV's but perfect for industrial energy storage.

KRC, AVL, YRC, YRR to mention a few.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesco.../#665ac175bde8
    Last edited by RTFQ; 18-01-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Advanced Member

Thanks for the share and I will research.

But yeah I've completely lost interest in Lithium. Even Elon Musk says that their Tesla Lithium Ion batteries should actually be called Nickel-Graphite (http://benchmarkminerals.com/elon-mu...ckel-graphite/). My long-term interests are in Graphite & the wonder-material of the future Graphene.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Thanks for the share and I will research.

But yeah I've completely lost interest in Lithium. Even Elon Musk says that their Tesla Lithium Ion batteries should actually be called Nickel-Graphite (http://benchmarkminerals.com/elon-mu...ckel-graphite/). My long-term interests are in Graphite & the wonder-material of the future Graphene.
    Thanks shall do the same.

Hi Silu, Reading the article,i think Lithium has got a long way to go yet. It sounds to me like Tesla are worried about their supply of Lithium and are trying to find alternatives that are not developed as yet. I'm sure other materials will be used in the future batteries and less Lithium but at present and for the next few years demand will outstrip supply imo

Guru

IRC getting a lot of interest...they have a very large (globally significant) Vanadium project in QLD are partnered with a cashed-up outfit called AXF to develop it. AXF are Chinese owned. News on metallurgical test-work expected next month. IRC primarily a Gold company; they are in production and aiming to increase their resource oz's to well over 1 Million oz's this year.

Disclosure: I am an IRC holder.

KRC, which used to be Speewah, holds the largest Vanadium tenement in Australasia. I held a few in the dark ages. They could never get the project past interminable exploration, so re-invented themselves as a copper/gold on the same tenement. Seems they are now returning to their roots, with this new wave of battery storage seemingly making Vanadium a contender.

Price has shot up recently, but I'm not going back in. It appears to be a lifestyle coy for Tony Barton.

I guess this is what you call a heads-down, rather than a heads-up

Quote Originally Posted by RTFQ View Post
    The recent gains in Australian Vanadium producer shares suggests that the use of VRB Vanadium Redox batteries is on the rise. They are far superior to Lithium iron batteries with a 20 year life. Not suited for EV's but perfect for industrial energy storage.

KRC, AVL, YRC, YRR to mention a few.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesco.../#665ac175bde8
    If you are a fan of the Vanadium story, check out the monster project TNG has in the Northern Territory. IRC worth a look too.

Yes I'm holding very large position in IRC will rocket if AXF crew can crack the vanadium moly shale oil code at Richmond .... just starting to price in the potential last few day should trade into the 20's to 30s over next couple of month on ongoing anns ...with so many operations J/V underway reason why 70% of my portfolio is tied up in this company

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    If you are a fan of the Vanadium story, check out the monster project TNG has in the Northern Territory. IRC worth a look too.
    Nice movement on TNG recently, it does look like things are lining up after drifting through the planning doldrums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
    Nice movement on TNG recently, it does look like things are lining up after drifting through the planning doldrums.
    Tng looks interesting.
    I've held VR8 since 2017 and it's been a loser but the sp has woken up.
    These guys in South Africa mean business and they don't waste money.
    Shares are in a trading halt pending a placement to a strategic investor.!