sharetrader
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    First two paragraphs include Craigs and Comvita. Oh dear is this too blatant
    Suppose we better brace for another capital raise (with guess who as the lead broker) to fund their "phenomenal" growth.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-02-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Another doom and gloom by a nobody.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/101...hen-it-happens

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Another doom and gloom by a nobody.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/101...hen-it-happens
    Shame you have to read this dribble to the very end to get to the key point "Jim Rogers, founder of the Quantum Fund, has been predicting the worst since 2011". One day he will be right

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...doesn't make it very useful though does it !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

But on a more serious note - I really do despair if the financial literacy of people is so lacking they do not understand markets go down. Even in the share market there is a correction happening every day on one stock or another to some degree or other. Its something to be aware of and pan for - but its not all doom and gloom. And if we learn from the past it will be less gloomier.

POT PE 41
    AIA " 28
    FBU " 58
    SKC " 59

too high for me

Banned

I'm looking forward to Monday, just need A2 to drop below $8.50 to hit the top up button, but I may be too optimistic, will be buying some other stocks anyways. With Tues a public holiday in NZ, it could be a very black Wednesday for us if the US markets continue to correct.

Default What Correction ?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12012023

Market helped along a lot by one particular stock I think but in answer to the thread question I posted some time back I still think there are pockets of value left.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-03-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12012023

Market helped along a lot by one particular stock I think but in answer to the thread question I posted some time back I still think there are pockets of value left.
    Is that stock ATM by any chance...