sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the tip on this one. I curious to know how people are valuing this company since it's transition from exploring to production.

At the moment it's got a mcap of $138.5m, i can't find any profit guidance. They say they're going to do 3m Wet MT of product, 90% of which is sold, but I guess they'll sell it all based on the implied demand. 1 Dry tone sells for $52.

The question is, what's 1WT worth, and what does it cost to pull the stuff out the ground?

If we assume 1WT is $30 and they do 3MWT, that's $90m, less costs of about $50m (i vaguely recall that number as exploration cost, but might have pulled it from my peach), that's $40m before tax.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of what such an operation typically costs, or a better guess at the value of Wet bauxite?

percy

I think you will find the answers in earlier MMI announcements.
    Reserve upgrade today means a further 3 years mine life to 2037.

percy

Today's MD's presentation at Noosa Mining Conference gives details of costs and sales revenue,together with projections.
    An excellent presentation.

Thanks percy

Thoughts on the half-year report?

percy

Getting there slowly.
    Ship loading is getting a lot better.
    Some ships have better cranes,and MMI are ordering them.
    A few things which should not be reccuring were in this half,such as the cost of taking opperations in house.[$1.9mil] yet producton savings will be ongoing.

Are you worried about demand drying up with the recession? I understand they have contacted demand, but i question the value of international contracts, especially with non western countries.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Are you worried about demand drying up with the recession? I understand they have contacted demand, but i question the value of international contracts, especially with non western countries.
    With international trade you never know.
    Not worried, as I have not bet the ranch on then,just the old out house, at the back of the back shed.
    Light weight materials such as aluminium are in growing demand [cars,planes,etc] therefore demand for MMI's bauxite should grow too.Any commodity will have its ups and downs,however the long term future for bauxite is solid.
    The life of MMI's resource is to 2037.

Nice finish today. Hopefully the buying continues tomorrow. Needs a bit more volume.