sharetrader
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Haka

Maybe I'm confused but I think you have misunderstood MISC.

I think he/she means that he distrusts the report as he believes the situation is worse than stated, where as you seem to have interperated him/her to be saying that it is better than stated.

i havent pulled the half year to bits but my impression is that the disasters and turnover slumps are being covered by property price increases which make good reading but do not do alot for cash flow. do a macdunk go ask the staff, even the tealadies. [at a local branch they can not get approval for a $20 part to repair a forkhoist, it sits idle. 3 months ago gpg broker was supporting @ 238 and then reselling @245/250, but ev en that couldnt stem the tide.

Anyone know what GPG's 'carrying cost' is in relation to their 61% TUR stake ??

misc

from memory they bought out a faction of the turner family and a few other willing sellers bout 96-97 at $1-$1.20 range,covered their butt with the sale of central auckland market site,then added a large carry cost with enza purchase.

Nice to see the little rebound although it's still in the downtrend. I think it need to go above 2.40 for a trend line break.... long way to go...

Any improvement from the supply end and fundamental part for this fruit exporter? TUR export kiwi fruit also though... does any of you Zespri has any association with TUR? They sell Zespri in Asia quite well I think.

DIS: hold TUR

Back in August the story was.... we estimate our full year result may be down somewhat on last year, although not by large amounts.

I wonder what somewhat means?

Assume that this year comes in at $9M ... at shareprice of 180 about 15 times earnings still

Hope that the full year is $9M or else you won't want to be in this

Going back in this thread Misc seems to be on the case .... what's your latest read of the situation mate

Market cap been halved over the last year ..... something has to give
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

quote:Originally posted by morv

i havent pulled the half year to bits but my impression is that the disasters and turnover slumps are being covered by property price increases which make good reading but do not do alot for cash flow. do a macdunk go ask the staff, even the tealadies. [at a local branch they can not get approval for a $20 part to repair a forkhoist, it sits idle. 3 months ago gpg broker was supporting @ 238 and then reselling @245/250, but ev en that couldnt stem the tide.
    I have been close to the action in this company for the past 2 1/2 yrs. I don,t want to go into any detail. All I can say is that there is incompetence at senior levels of managment.

I wouldn't touch this company with a forty foot barge pole.

disc. hold GPG
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Enza are making an "aggressive" stand in chasing more growers to supply them.This is positive news for strapped growers.I can tell you that my boss has had a broader smile on his dial in the last 24 hours.The 'anti' has been upped twice this week from first Enza and now his previous exporter.
    ACCRINGTON STANLEY-the club that wouldn't die.

Anybody in the know think that GPG will go in and clean up the management and hopefully make this co more profitable?

Commodity price suppose to be good with inflation everywhere... what's going on?

DISC: hold quite a lot

There has been a bit of buying by directors and their wives lately. Do they know something that we don't?
    TUR pays a 12 cent dividend in 2 weeks time but that can hardly be the reason.