sharetrader
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Advertised on TV a Samsung 98" QLED 8K Smart TV from Harvey Norman .....COST $79,000

What the heck does it do that’s so special

Suppose some of you have one .....good experience?
    Yes @Fungus, depreciate big time! And it plays content that few providers have, let alone filling up a room, like having a whole wall illuminated with TV and video. If you want to do that, there's some seriously good projectors you can sling off your ceiling and fill up a wall with 4k quality media content, for only $US1500 ... quite the saving on an $80k TV! https://bgr.com/2019/05/16/4k-home-t...-amazon-prime/ Like sitting in the middle of the back row of a small Lighthouse cinema, in your home.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    its the same with every consumer item with technology involved. you can spend as much as you want and get less and less value.
    yeh 3D has always been a gimmick - time and time again its been proved no one wants to wear funny glasses, except maybe at the cinema.

I must say I'm really getting into the wireless connectability options these days. I can stream movies from the PC over the air and effortlessly send the sound from the TV to the Kef speakers if something warrants it.
    Though to be honest the sound from the TV is pretty good, it comes out through the screen, and has its own sub-woofer.

Wired say
    "Sony has designed the surface of the BRAVIA OLED to double as a sound source. The picture is the sound. This innovative audio setup, called Acoustic Surface, uses four actuators affixed to the back of the panel to turn the entire screen into a sound-emitting structure."

https://www.wired.com/brandlab/2017/...first-oled-tv/

Here is the side view showing the hardware which admittedly does make it stick out from the wall somewhat.
    Attachment 9572
    Thanks for the link. Wow. Can’t keep up. Bought a decent hispec Panasonic a couple of years ago....next upgrade in another decade or so Maybe it might break...with luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Can’t keep up
    you never can ! Samsung now have an 8k QLED
    Last edited by peat; 19-05-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I think Harvey Norman price the 98 inch Samsung wonder TV at $79,000 so the 82 inch at $17,000 or even the 75 inch at $15,000 look really really cheap.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Anyone here with an OLED/QLED TV still happy with their product? I'm looking to upgrade to a 55" model but am still slightly put off by the price. Cheapest one I could find was a Samsung Q6 for $2500 but rather have a LG or Panasonic OLED.

I do have a bright room where I'd put it in so the OLED/QLED models seem to be the right choice for me. Convince me that I should go down that route instead of being a cheapskate and buy a 4K model instead.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Anyone here with an OLED/QLED TV still happy with their product? I'm looking to upgrade to a 55" model but am still slightly put off by the price. Cheapest one I could find was a Samsung Q6 for $2500 but rather have a LG or Panasonic OLED.

I do have a bright room where I'd put it in so the OLED/QLED models seem to be the right choice for me. Convince me that I should go down that route instead of being a cheapskate and buy a 4K model instead.
    yeh I'm still happy with my Sony OLED , the blacks are so black and everything looks so pristine and perfect. You need a front end though eg I have the Apple TV4. (Note I haven't even upgraded to the 4K version, so I have some future still in my pocket)

I have the model KD 55A1 but it is of course superseded. It looks like the they have the A8F and the A9F now

https://store.sony.co.nz/television-...D%20Television
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yeh I'm still happy with my Sony OLED , the blacks are so black and everything looks so pristine and perfect. You need a front end though eg I have the Apple TV4. (Note I haven't even upgraded to the 4K version, so I have some future still in my pocket)

I have the model KD 55A1 but it is of course superseded. It looks like the they have the A8F and the A9F now

https://store.sony.co.nz/television-...D%20Television
    Thanks. Yes I really want to go with the latest technology which I did 15 years ago and despite the eye watering price then my TV served me well.

I was actually just reading about the A8F model on witchdoctor https://witchdoctor.co.nz/index.php/...led-tv-review/ because it dropped below $3 now on Noel Leeming and by the looks of it it would be a worthy new TV for me.

People also been telling me that for fast moving images (I mostly watch Sports and do some gaming) the OLED is the better option as it minimizes "trailing" or whatever the technical term is. That's why I went with a plasma many years ago and it did look so much better than anything LCD had to offer at that time.