sharetrader

View Poll Results: What price will FBU close at on 12/2/2018 ?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • $8 +

0 0%
  • $7.50 - $8

1 2.17%
  • $7.00 - $7.50

6 13.04%
  • $6.50 - $7.00

6 13.04%
  • $6.00 - $6.50

13 28.26%
  • $5.50 - $6.00

9 19.57%
  • $5.00 - $5.50

7 15.22%
  • Under $5.00

4 8.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The $7.50-$8.00 option
    thats completely spurious.
    Try selling them at that price today.
    more realistically the price is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    thats completely spurious.
    Try selling them at that price today.
    more realistically the price is zero.
    Need in call in the TMO I reckon

That was so much a try that Welsh (or Kiwi) guy scored the other night
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Have noticed th3 FBU share price last traded at 777

Thought three sevens were a sign of good fortune
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Have noticed th3 FBU share price last traded at 777

Thought three sevens were a sign of good fortune
    Yep........

Pathetic that they can't even meet their own deadline.
    Obviously the underlying intent of the thread was to pick the price when trading began again, (if and when that happens).
    I put IF in there because I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of them not being able to reach agreement with their lenders. I would have thought its quite obvious now the wood rot runs very deep with this one. How does anyone have confidence in the directors any more after this latest chapter in this unmitigated fiasco ?
    If they weren't scalping the public through their market dominance position with Placemakers this thing would be on very shaky ground in my opinion.
    I think their balance sheet is pretty stretched. I wouldn't rule out the chance of a major capital raise and with the markets presently in a state of unease such a capital raise might have to be at a deep discount, like $5 and we could see the SP drift down to that level through disaffected shareholders voting with their feet. Shareholders should brace for a pretty good belting with this one.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11992576
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-02-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If they weren't scalping the public through their market dominance position with Placemakers this thing would be on very shaky ground in my opinion.
    I have a trade account with Placemenkers that hasn't been used for ages. Bunnings came to play but most recently Mitre10 has been getting my business.

Well well if this was a competition I’m the WINNER ha ha

Well picked Winner

Rep did have same idea but he didn’t enter/ submit/ compete
    Blame apathy - much like the FBU boards over the last two decades, I wasn't really that motivated about posting a winning result.

The delay today seems to have caught a number of folk unexpectedly including the board, management and PR corps - it might be too soon to use the adjective of arrogance that they would have a waiver as a fait accompli when there's a couple of billion on their loan marker. A banker might want to play hard ball on that line fee now...

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    The delay today seems to have caught a number of folk unexpectedly including the board, management and PR corps - it might be too soon to use the adjective of arrogance that they would have a waiver as a fait accompli when there's a couple of billion on their loan marker. A banker might want to play hard ball on that line fee now...
    Well put, the b****ers have a tight grip on their soft spot and will be screwing them to ensure they get paid, whether it's sell some assets, do a cap raise, issue some debt .. whatever it takes, FBU can pay (back) their way out if this. Too big to fail? No not really, that's a bit drastic and unnecessary. There is a way forward, it just won't be to shareholders liking whatever the outcome.

Never ignore the words 'default on banking covenants'. Control shifts in unpleasant ways, for equity holders.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    theres me in at $6.10
    My opening position not looking good. Who would pay $6.74. Never mind, lets see how the rest of the day plays out. I'm not conceding yet.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    My opening position not looking good. Who would pay $6.74. Never mind, lets see how the rest of the day plays out. I'm not conceding yet.
    With deep systemic issues in that company you'd want your head examined in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine