sharetrader
Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    60c is a decent discount to the current price (84c), but has been under 60c in the last month.....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    60c is a decent discount to the current price (84c), but has been under 60c in the last month.....
    Will have to read the documents once they arrive. It is a company that has potential to do really well in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    That’s a pretty big discount even when it dipped you could rarely actually buy it at or below 0.60 if I remember correctly

Guru

Low of .50 recently, I think management needs to come clean, the thing that worries me is that this is not a SPP in the pure sense of that heading as one can apply for $50,000 when the maximum is usually $15,000, WHAT GIVES ?? !!

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Low of .50 recently, I think management needs to come clean, the thing that worries me is that this is not a SPP in the pure sense of that heading as one can apply for $50,000 when the maximum is usually $15,000, WHAT GIVES ?? !!
    Their last placement was completed with Lindsay Investment trust taking up 1.5M of the 2M or 2.5m allocation at $1.15, wonder why QEX is raising at 0.60 a significant 25% discount to VWAP for the last 10 days. I can't say I'm thoroughly impressed particularly because around a half year ago we were told "Despite the level of investment in growing our business during FY19, at this stage, from a cash-flowperspective, we remain sufficiently resourced for further operational growth. It is our intention that anyappropriate future acquisitions will be funded via the issuing of shares, and potentially supported byadditional borrowings if required." From the CEOs address at the last AGM.

This leads me to believe that it may be an upcoming acquisition in the pipeline as Ronnie specifically stated that we are well resourced for further operational growth and if appropriate, acquisitions funded via issuing for shares. It could be speculated that with COVID-19 and some businesses going through trying times QEX as found an opportunity that they could integrate and work well with their current business offerings. Not all doom and gloom although I'm not particularly impressed with the timing and presentation of the SPP at all. It does seem like there could be a silver lining to this although with the vague and limited information we were given for the SPP, it's not all to compelling is it?
    Last edited by Ace; 04-05-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Advanced Member

As I mentioned I want to read the documents once they arrive for that exact reason..... Not many willing to invest $50,000 with little knowledge.

It would have been great if they had a major investor on board and shareholders could have topped up the remainder at $15,000 worth in shares.

Price @ 70cents not much of a discount

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    As I mentioned I want to read the documents once they arrive for that exact reason..... Not many willing to invest $50,000 with little knowledge.

It would have been great if they had a major investor on board and shareholders could have topped up the remainder at $15,000 worth in shares.

Price @ 70cents not much of a discount
    All the documents are available on the NZX site as attachments, there could be more information on the website. I find it quite interesting that they have a new website or domain specifically for this capital raising. The link is down at the moment so I wonder what would be presented on the site that would be different to all the information provided through the NZX. On the offer documents and outlines it's quite vague and pretty much highlights generic justifications for the SPP. I would like more information as well, especially if they are wanting us to invest up to 50k during a pandemic.

The website is https://www.qexshareoffer.co.nz

Documents on the NZX announcement as attachments here:
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...507/321822.pdf
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...507/321826.pdf
    Last edited by Ace; 04-05-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Their last placement was completed with Lindsay Investment trust taking up 1.5M of the 2M or 2.5m allocation at $1.15, wonder why QEX is raising at 0.60 a significant 25% discount to VWAP for the last 10 days. I can't say I'm thoroughly impressed particularly because around a half year ago we were told "Despite the level of investment in growing our business during FY19, at this stage, from a cash-flowperspective, we remain sufficiently resourced for further operational growth. It is our intention that anyappropriate future acquisitions will be funded via the issuing of shares, and potentially supported byadditional borrowings if required." From the CEOs address at the last AGM.

This leads me to believe that it may be an upcoming acquisition in the pipeline as Ronnie specifically stated that we are well resourced for further operational growth and if appropriate, acquisitions funded via issuing for shares. It could be speculated that with COVID-19 and some businesses going through trying times QEX as found an opportunity that they could integrate and work well with their current business offerings. Not all doom and gloom although I'm not particularly impressed with the timing and presentation of the SPP at all. It does seem like there could be a silver lining to this although with the vague and limited information we were given for the SPP, it's not all to compelling is it?
    The thing that confuses me is why are they desperate to raise at that discount when they supposedly fixed their issues and should supposedly actually be quite steady of a business.

Guru

I wonder what the response will be if the S P gets down to circa .62, currently buy .66 sell .68 , there definitely needs to be a explanation from the top table or this will flop big time . then what , no confidence , there are only so many chances that are given to newly listed companies, ie PEB, TRU to name a couple!!

ps how much will Danny be taking up, time for real leadership here imo!!!

Pays your money and keep the faith
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”