sharetrader
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Think there is a good potential for this to climb higher and with plenty of ecommerce growth.

Also milk product is trading well / up, expect the service of QEX to grow as well.
    Management and board need to gain confidence of market. And they need to show that evidence in trading numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Management and board need to gain confidence of market. And they need to show that evidence in trading numbers.
    Yes SB9, I think so too. Show the numbers.

So I take your statement to mean communicating on a level that is confident, capable, back-up-able (*great word)/understandable, clear, with market /investor in mind.

I do agree. Hopefully they have had some time to adjust their strategy during lock down.

Can see them reducing some costs as a result of Covid.

Hopefully they are busy *hunting & gathering (or have a capable team of business development members) to find more business opportunities & retain/grow current clients. Making calls, emails. Zooming, etc.

To mind come Australian businesses (i.e. Blackmores) could tag on to their channels to rest of the world. To me seems this would be a win win as NZ would be relatively competitive for price.

I can see QEX flourish. With some adjustments, reasonably quickly regain confidence.

A good egg, roosting?, waiting to get better & then rehatch

Disc. Holding

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Wonderful great buying opportunity for a company with tail winds.
    Hi Brian & others on this thread.

What is your current view on buying QEX?
    What is a good buy in at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Hi Brian & others on this thread.

What is your current view on buying QEX?
    What is a good buy in at the moment?
    I recently topped up but because QEX is now 7% of my portfolio will not be buying any more. My view is that the share is speculative but I believe it is a well run business with a good chance of success. Now they are developing the Australian to China export market I would expect them to grow their turnover considerably.

A good buy price is anybody’s guess. $63M turnover with a market cap of $30M indicates to me that the pricing of the share is not too much out of kilter. Shouldn’t be an impossible task for the company to turn a decent profit with increased revenues.

Legend

I recently topped up but because QEX is now 7% of my portfolio will not be buying any more. My view is that the share is speculative but I believe it is a well run business with a good chance of success. Now they are developing the Australian to China export market I would expect them to grow their turnover considerably.

A good buy price is anybody’s guess. $63M turnover with a market cap of $30M indicates to me that the pricing of the share is not too much out of kilter. Shouldn’t be an impossible task for the company to turn a decent profit with increased revenues.
    From where I'm sitting - a few points -

there are tight share registries and 'too tight share registers'' which are counter productive / restrictive.
    Others can determine from this, which of the two they think that QEX falls in..

QEX seems to be a Volume needed, Low margin processor, as such needing volume in it's trades to clip the ticket on
    particularly with Powder being onsold overseas among other trading, which must be a Product Buy In scenario.

That volume needs resources, working capital, possibly further hinting at (as admitted in past) still being under-capitalised
    and shy on working capital adequate for increasing the job comfortably.

A sell down further by majority holders, increased share liquidity and increased S/Hdr spread with a Cap Raise
    / Institutional etc Offering etc may well do QEX a vast world of good to propel it into vision of more and
    accelerate growth the business further.

This is the sacrifice that founders / major holders now may need to consider to grow & secure the business
    into the future

Reliance on just capped Retained Profits (with no Div in interim) to fund growth will not generate the kind of
    fast solid growth the S/Market or Investors may be looking for, particularly in current volatile economic times

Sooner or later a roadmap to transit from the small/medium closely held enterprise to the larger serious listed
    trading company with adequate capital resources & working capital is needed, obviously the sooner the better.
    Last edited by nztx; 30-07-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Good to see that these guys are having a physical meeting rather than online. Another reason that I like the cut of their jib.

Advanced Member

Good to see that these guys are having a physical meeting rather than online. Another reason that I like the cut of their jib.
    Longterm their share price will go north, but the figures will determine when. I have a small holding and am looking to expand at the right price. At their current price they seem fair value, if their profit is roughly 3 million.
    Last edited by Ggcc; 18-08-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Is anyone attending the AGM next week? I wish I could make it although I have some questions I would love answered.
    Last edited by Ace; 09-09-2020 at 11:10 AM.

A2M releasing a market update citing a reduction of daigou activity impacting their sales - good to see that sentiment is mirrored elsewhere in the market. It's interesting to note that both QEX and A2M cite that demand for the products is still there in the Chinese market, however demand through daigou channels is diminished. Fortunately QEX has the bonded warehouse available to them which allows them to stock products there and have it available when required. I wonder if there is potential for A2M and QEX to utilize QEX logistics in this regard notwithstanding that A2M do have their own channels.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Sinking ship, leaky boat ?

Really lost my ass on this turd. Almost not worth selling at this point... 😭