sharetrader
Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Banned

I am bemused by the market reaction to the release of the Annual Report. The financials are all the same as previously announced but the SP drops by nearly 6%. The only item that caught my eye was that they have backed off in Australia and that their revenue in Australia actually declined. I cannot remember if that was previously indicated or not.
    Current initiatives to increase margin with other products following big increase in turnover with low margin milk powders is good.
    It was interesting seeing the staff photo. Apart from Connor English, all are Chinese apart from one other. No doubt Mandarin is an essential requirement with this company. Staff numbers at 32 are lower than I would have thought for a logistics company with this amount of revenue. Some automation is applied and I guess a lot of the handling is done by other parties.

Might have to buy some more. Sooner or later something will have to happen in this space surely?

Be careful of the big picture in China: consumption is down, manufacture is weak, factories lay off staff. Now it's time to be cautious if a company expose too much towards China.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    Be careful of the big picture in China: consumption is down, manufacture is weak, factories lay off staff. Now it's time to be cautious if a company expose too much towards China.
    There is still good business to be done there and here, flows both ways.

Someone wants out?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Someone wants out?
    Definitely looks that way, big volumes on offer to sell

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Yeah someone doesn't want to wait. In times like these just focus on the fundamentals!

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Yeah someone doesn't want to wait. In times like these just focus on the fundamentals!
    I hope your right silver. I can't help but have the feeling someone knows something we dont. Thinking about buying more but already quite heavily in the red :/

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chanchay View Post
    I hope your right silver. I can't help but have the feeling someone knows something we dont. Thinking about buying more but already quite heavily in the red :/
    It's possibly someone might know something, but on the present we can only assume the company has been upfront with us and that this stock is a very illiquid one so anyone wanting to sell will naturally lower the price. Its never comfortable waiting while the price drops, but this is a natural stock market tendency with growth stocks, they tend to fly up and down like a roller coaster and for the investors investing in it they need a good stomach for the ride. Having been an investor in Plexure and Pushpay, they were stocks where you'd feel extremely uncomfortable holding into the red (of course they aren't now), I always questioned myself, but I based my beliefs on fundamentals and if those have not changed then the company is believed to be building shareholder value consistently and waiting to be realised eventually.

As long as the cornerstone shareholders still believe in the company then we should too.
    Brendan Lindsay 7.22% - His company was built on the success of being able to export their products overseas, so if he sees something special I'm with him.
    Ronnie Xue 79.52% - the CEO has all his wealth in this company, he has more interest than anyone to make this company a success. Just the speed which this company has grown at shows you the extreme work ethic that you want in a CEO for a growth company.

Next financials we will all be focused on revenue growth and whether they have been able to increase margins.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 01-07-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Someone wants out?
    That comment was made at a time when less that 200,000 shares were offered for sale out of a total 52 mil , 90 % of which are is believers hands.