sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default AGMs - worth attending?

The Tower AGM is coming up and I've received a notification/invite (as are many others) ... are these worth taking half a day of work off to attend?

What can I expect at an AGM?

Sorry for my ignorance ... I've never bothered to attend in the past but after attending the NZR shareholders day I enjoyed it so much that I want to get in on the action a bit more in the future =)

AGM worth attending for education purposes as to how things work.

You probably won’t get much more info on the company except watching the demeanour / body language of the Directors can tell you a lot.

Question time can be interesting - why not come up with a well thought out intelligent question that makes the Chairman think a bit.

Many find having a chat with directors and management a good thing as well. Might learn something new but at least it will give you a good feeling as to whether they are any good or not and/or give you confidence that they looking after your investment.p or not.

Might even get a scone

If never been to an AGM before worth going and then you can decide for yourself if making the effort in future is worth it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

The best thing about attending an AGM is meeting up with fellow sharetrader members afterwards, at the local watering hole.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    AGM worth attending for education purposes as to how things work.

You probably won’t get much more info on the company except watching the demeanour / body language of the Directors can tell you a lot.

Question time can be interesting - why not come up with a well thought out intelligent question that makes the Chairman think a bit.

Many find having a chat with directors and management a good thing as well. Might learn something new but at least it will give you a good feeling as to whether they are any good or not and/or give you confidence that they looking after your investment.p or not.

Might even get a scone

If never been to an AGM before worth going and then you can decide for yourself if making the effort in future is worth it
    I have tried to attend as many agms,and presentations I can.
    Well thought out questions from shareholders,often make the directors open up a bit more.
    Talking to directors/ceo afterwards usually throws up a nice surprise,as it is about the only time you will get to talk to them.
    You own part of the company.

I like to attend as many AGMs as I can and sort of "live tweet" the things that happen at the AGM on this forum for the people who can't go. I also report on the quality of the snacks as well These things are important!

Attending is quite nice to be able to talk to the representative from the company and the Board, feel the enthusiasm everyone has - are they scared of shareholders for example, or are they there to embrace us as a team for a positive future? Plus it's quite good to connect on LinkedIn once you've had a proper chat.

Agree 100% with all the above replies. Keep those tweets coming Blendy
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Might even get a scone
    the last meeting I went to, it was a Vodka (42 Below) rather than a scone..... goes to show it has been awhile between meetings for me eh W69!

filthy

I enjoy the Scott Tech AGM's.

They alternate between Christchurch and Dunedin. They are held on premises so there is a factory tour afterwards.

The refreshments served at the after match function are good without being over the top. One AGM had a full sized industrial robot arm handing out chocolate buttons.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The refreshments served at the after match function are good without being over the top. One AGM had a full sized industrial robot arm handing out chocolate buttons.
    possibly the most amazing sounding AGM stunt ever! I hope it was well covered in the media...

I hear they have KFC for refreshments at RBD AGM’s.