sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Investore Bond issue

Does anyone have an opinion on these...good, bad or soso?

percy

These were recommended to The Trust I help out on by Hobson Wealth.
    The other trustee and I thought they were suitable,so will be taking some up,as part of The Trust's bond portfolio.,

Thanks Percy. My broker was lukewarm about the issue mainly from a security angle but like you I think I will get some.

IMO

So what's the incentive of buying bonds? Can't Investore obtain funding from the NZ gov't instead of damaging it's balance sheet more by issuing junk bonds? You'd catch me eating a shoe before I put my cash into bonds with the uncertainty of COVID19.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    So what's the incentive of buying bonds? Can't Investore obtain funding from the NZ gov't instead of damaging it's balance sheet more by issuing junk bonds? You'd catch me eating a shoe before I put my cash into bonds with the uncertainty of COVID19.
    Out of idle curiosity, what NZ government funding would they have access to ". . . to provide funding flexibility for growth"?

Issued at 4.4%. Yield now 3.15%
    Although I have a reasonable assortment of bonds (for reliable income), I didn't take up any of these. Many I have are at higher yields than this - some much higher, although of course they are slowly maturing.
    IPL shares as at Friday paying 4.93% gross (on a falling share price of $1.79). NTA $2.20.
    I may have moved too soon, but bought a few shares this week at $1.78. I don't see why these won't be a consistent okay dividend payer with the great tenants they have, and hopefully once markets settle down the gap to NTA should reduce (hopefully with an increased share price-not a falling NTA.....).

Investore Property Limited (Investore) confirms today (8/2/22) that it is considering an offer of 5 year senior secured fixed rate bonds (Bonds) to New Zealand institutional and retail investors.

If the offer proceeds, the offer will be made pursuant to the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, as an offer of debt securities of the same class as Investore’s existing quoted debt securities, currently quoted on the NZX Debt Market under the ticker codes IPL010 and IPL020.

It is expected that full details of the offer will be released in the week beginning 14 February 2022, when the offer is anticipated to open. The Bonds are expected to be quoted on the NZX Debt Market.

Are they Getting in before rates rise too much..

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    Are they Getting in before rates rise too much..
    Yes. They missed the boat in 2020/1 - refer Argosy, Mercury, Oceania, Local Govt Funding Authority and others who made hay at 2% or less while the sun shone.

New bond issues are off the menu at the moment.