sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    How do you view the comments on ShareClarity?
    Enter the Company you are interested in into the Quick Quote box and ShareClarity will come up.
    I think this is the answer to your question. Share Clarity is basically free to Direct Broking clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Brovendell View Post
    Enter the Company you are interested in into the Quick Quote box and ShareClarity will come up.
    I think this is the answer to your question. Share Clarity is basically free to Direct Broking clients.
    Ah ... I think I totally misunderstood longy's question.

Here is another method (in case you are not Direct Broking Customer, but NZSA member):

Log into the NZSA (NZ Shareholders Association) website (using your member number and MAC Code).
    Go to resources and submenue "ShareClarity"
    Read and follow the instructions.

If you are not yet NZSA member? - join here: https://www.nzshareholders.co.nz/members.cfm
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

this might not last long
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Default ShareClarity is no more

Part necropost, part obituary: I noticed that the ShareClarity website disappeared within the last few months. Towards the end, they were only covering the NZX, having already shed Hong Kong and then ASX along the way.

Jarden Direct also stopped quoting their figures. They are now offering Morningstar report downloads instead, which in contrast don't provide any opinions on the current share price (e.g. value gap, target price or buy/sell indicators).

The ShareClarity app is still available for download, but doesn't function.

I discovered ShareClarity when looking for picks during the COVID downturn. At that time, they had ABA (Abano Healthcare) at the top of their 'value gap' list, which was promptly bought out at a premium. That earned some credibility and kept me coming back. Since then, ERD was also a good call, if you like thrills. I'm still patiently hanging in there with KMD, MFB and MPG, all of which were given value gaps around 100% at some time or other.

I'd suppose it was money from Jarden Direct that kept them in business, which seems to be a mixed blessing as they weren't given full editorial independence. As per this BusinessDesk article (the un-paywalled teaser is enough) on their initial My Food Bag coverage, they were strong-armed into validating the IPO price. That episode shouldn't have helped anyone's credibility - if I'd known earlier, I mightn't have bought in when I did.

My post here is possibly going to be the only mention of their demise on public record, so I'd like to credit the founders and team for giving it a decent go.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulltrap View Post
    Part necropost, part obituary: I noticed that the ShareClarity website disappeared within the last few months. Towards the end, they were only covering the NZX, having already shed Hong Kong and then ASX along the way.

Jarden Direct also stopped quoting their figures. They are now offering Morningstar report downloads instead, which in contrast don't provide any opinions on the current share price (e.g. value gap, target price or buy/sell indicators).

The ShareClarity app is still available for download, but doesn't function.

I discovered ShareClarity when looking for picks during the COVID downturn. At that time, they had ABA (Abano Healthcare) at the top of their 'value gap' list, which was promptly bought out at a premium. That earned some credibility and kept me coming back. Since then, ERD was also a good call, if you like thrills. I'm still patiently hanging in there with KMD, MFB and MPG, all of which were given value gaps around 100% at some time or other.

I'd suppose it was money from Jarden Direct that kept them in business, which seems to be a mixed blessing as they weren't given full editorial independence. As per this BusinessDesk article (the un-paywalled teaser is enough) on their initial My Food Bag coverage, they were strong-armed into validating the IPO price. That episode shouldn't have helped anyone's credibility - if I'd known earlier, I mightn't have bought in when I did.

My post here is possibly going to be the only mention of their demise on public record, so I'd like to credit the founders and team for giving it a decent go.
    ah I wasn't aware of that - tis a bit sad isn't it. A lot of people chuckled when someone through out something they said, but honestly, I don't think they were really any worse than the big SELL side analysts. I mean, the granularity on the assumptions they provided was miles ahead of anyone else. I subscribed twice - for a month only - when I was working on something they covered. I thought it was pretty clever how they tried to make it fast and efficient but under it all it looked still quite manual so probably more overheads than they could support. AI would have eventually been a game changer for that business. but getting people to pay and stay perhaps the hardest bit of all.

well done to them for giving it a go.