sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anybody using ShareClarity?

Just wondering - anybody here using ShareClarity and prepared to share their experiences? Most of their data seem to be only accessible after providing a credit card number - and the little in "free" information I found (DCF values):

https://www.shareclarity.com/companylist/index# )

does not inspire me with confidence in the quality of their research ...

Examples:
    Their DCF computes that SUM is 33% overvalued compared to their trustworthy DCF (SELL-SELL), similar SML - 31% overvalued, but they really recommend EVO (79% undervalued - must be a screaming BUY).

Are they a MorningStar derivate?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Also have ATM as 41 odd % overvalued and RAK at 63% undervalued

No experience with them bit always a bit suspicious when wanting a Credit Card number to register for something "free"

I noted this today re Shareclarity
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/b...nt-market.html

tying up with FNZC.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybuffett View Post
    I noted this today re Shareclarity
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/b...nt-market.html

tying up with FNZC.
    Interesting ... so far I thought FNZC are trying to go for quality - but I well might be wrong ;0;
    ----

just copying from the OCA thread:

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Its a free analysis service provided by FNZC under their Direct Broking platform which replaced the ANZ Securities platform. I dont have a view on their skills yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I do, their valuations are crap, about as accurate as a coin toss I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If they print any of their analysis out on paper and send it to me I hope its on toilet paper so I have some use for it.
    I won't mince words here, I honestly think their analysis is complete garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    ShareClarity is an independent organisation. They have struck a deal with Direct Broking but have also offered the service to NZSA members previously.

Listen to a podcast interviewing the founder of ShareClarity, Daniel Kieser.

https://www.podcasts.nz/daniel-kiese...asset-classes/
    Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Capital intensives like retirement are not going to score well in an algorithmic DCF valuer.

Exclusivey DCF valuations, nothing in retirement fares wells.

Even my beloved ARV doesn't.

They are anything but garbage, they paint no biased qualitative analysis, only numbers.
    ----

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    just copying from the OCA thread:
    Add to that DCF valuations still require forward looking assumptions. Where they get them from I have no idea. I have used Shareclarity by virtue of being a NZSA member. But gave up after a few attempts as the DCF model and valuations they came with just did not do it for me.

OK - lets see:

Share Clarity puts (as widely discussed in above thread) OCA on 88 cents. OCA trades currently at $1.07 and has a forward PE of 8.9 and is growing; Is it really so much overvalued?

Some other examples:

PGW: ShareClarity DCF: 66 cents; current trading at 48 cents; Seems to be a bargain - but didn't they forget that PGW sold its seed business and trading already at 48 cents on a forward of 11.5. Is 66 cents really a realistic valuation for PGW?

EVO: the bargain of the year for all ShareClarity fans ... DCF: 49 cents, but trades only at 24 cents. Must Buy though it used to be still better - its not that long ago that the Share Clarity DCF for this stock was well North of $1! Which is sort of good - it shows that its probably not just bots creating these amazing numbers.

Obviously - there are as well ShareClarities valuations which appear to be roughly in the range of the imaginable. SML $7.82 and ATM: $8.27 appear e.g. both very conservative, but possible if we assume that growth might not be unlimited.

I guess they provide one more data point which sometimes might make sense (or is it just a random hit?) and sometimes it clearly does not. Problem is - they don't tell you (and they might not know), which of their valuations might make sense and which not.
    ----

How do you view the comments on ShareClarity?

Not sure what you mean with "comments on ShareClarity"?

If you mean the overview they are providing ... I haven't used that so far, but just had (triggered by your question) a look through the (currrently topical) HLG overview. This looks useful for somebody who is not familiar with the company as a start for ones own research.

And just to keep the balance - I notice that they put HLG's DCF value at $4.58; In my view well in the ball park - but obviously - a very difficult industry to make forecasts anyway ... and than - one (sensible) data point doesn't make a trend ...
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    If you mean the overview they are providing ... I haven't used that so far, but just had (triggered by your question) a look through the (currrently topical) HLG overview. This looks useful for somebody who is not familiar with the company as a start for ones own research.
    Yeh for instance their Overview; Business Lines; Strategy,Risks and Opportunities; History; Governance; and References sections all look very useful for those learning about a company.
    Some of their financial data may well be useful and it easily charts that data at the click of button.

So whether or not their analysis is helpful to your investing may be arguable but given their information is provided for free (through FNZC) then I'm not complaining.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....