sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    TRA Turners

This will be their year ...won’t go down another 25% odd
    After reading today's TRA shareholder newsletter, it looks as though there is more likely a 25% increase in share price, in the not too distant future.Maybe the full year result at the end of May will be the catalyst.?.I certainly hope so, as I recently added to my already overweight holding.!

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    or sale / break-up of the various business units....?
    Probably too late then to invest as sp will take off fast on such an announcement.

Capital raising - sp will drop temporarily until capital raising is out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agree 100%. Most of the mutts have a heavy flea infestation that often takes years to fix. Better off backing pedigree greyhound winners, its far more rewarding.
    As a general rule, absolutely yes.

Can be very rewarding to pick up losers though if they put on 500% like Serko or ATM which put on several thousand %!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    TRA Turners

This will be their year ...won’t go down another 25% odd
    Yeap this is one of the dogs of 2017 that's more likely than most to bark a bit this year. How it might run compared to SUM of the other greyhounds however is quite another matter. Unlikely to do anything other than a pathetic wimper is EVO, MPG, TGH and Orion Healthcare to name just four that readily spring to mind.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thank you so much everybody for some great ideas. I really appreciate. My aim is to find out at least five promising companies.They should be mid-term and long term winners. I have some amphibious boat builder future mobility solutions (formerly Sealegs) stocks bought long ago. It is one of the worst performers in the market. I bought it thinking some new technology involvement and export market. I also had Dominion Finance shares. Fortunately, I escaped from selling 2/3 of my holdings. It is not worth to consider some badly performing stocks with poor fundamentals but I really like badly preforming overlooked future turnaround companies and companies with future strong fundamentals. Hopefully, I will find some.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 04-04-2018 at 09:34 PM.

I think GXH has been beaten to a pulp. Sentiment has gone against it but I don't see that business falling off the map at all. In fact, they continue to grow year on year so if they do that this year, I wouldn't expect the share price to stay at current levels.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Two classes of losers.

My preference is for those which have been whacked by some sort of external one-off event. Like Seeka with the PSA virus or Chorus and the Commerce Commission. There don't happen often.

The others, well you have to be a believer in the "turn-around" story, don't you. Can the current management do it? Is there new management who can do it?

All I can think of at the moment is Fletcher Building. . .

Advanced Member

Possibly PIL. Share price badly damaged by a potential Arthrem health issue and they don't seem to be doing the TV advertising at the mo. A lot of Artevite advertising though (canine product), maybe taking the place of scheduled Arthrem ads. Recent launch of both products on Australia but a bit later than planned so revenue not as expected.

It is not clear to me if it is the generic extract or Arthrem in particular. Seems unlikely to be just the latter as various formulations of the extract are widely used globally. (A Nobel prize was awarded for its use in treating malaria a few years ago.)

PIL seem to be proceeding cautiously but say the incidence of adverse reactions is minute.

So a risk but perhaps worth a punt at under a cent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I think GXH has been beaten to a pulp. Sentiment has gone against it but I don't see that business falling off the map at all. In fact, they continue to grow year on year so if they do that this year, I wouldn't expect the share price to stay at current levels.
    With the success of chemist warehouse in ST Lukes, and a new one opening right next door to Unichem Max in Botany with plans to open many more in Auckland it comes as little surprise.

Seeing as 80%+ of their operating profit and just about all their growth comes from Pharmacy... it is understandable why this has slumped.

Thank you so much everybody for some great ideas.

Today’s some top winners in the market are yesterday’s neglected stocks. Neglected shares are under-researched by analysts and potentially misunderstood by investors. Some analysts specialized in overlooked and neglected stocks will look for companies with low analyst coverage, above average earnings growth and that are cheaply priced according to their price to earnings and price to book ratios.

https://www.fool.sg/2018/04/05/these...-52-week-lows/

https://www.quant-investing.com/blog...ntum-companies